Chapter 23

WHILST BEN AND PATRICK WEREat Mount Vernon, they all sat in the car

at Mount Vernon, they all sat in the car. Abigail and Alex listening to the ABBA whilst Riley sat bored out of his mind.

That was until they got the phone call from Ben telling them to meet him at the Library of Congress.

They decided to turn the music off after Riley complained so much and made a mad dash to the Library in order to meet Ben there.

The four walked up the steps to The Library of Congress. Ben was dressed in a suit whilst the other three had comfy jeans and t-shirts on as they speed walked inside,

"Where do we start then," Alex asked as they walked inside.

"XY is the book classification code." Ben explained as they stood in the middle of the room, staring around. "Stands for special collections, which means very special books."

"Where are they then?" Ben asked as Abigail led the way.

"This way. We will have to sneak in." She explained as they all followed her. Ben grabbed the door from an old librarian as he left the room.

They rushed up the steps, follwing Abigail's lead.

"Here we go. XA... XM..." Abigail said as she ran her hands over the books. Alex inhaled the smell of thousands of books and smiled to herself as she followed Abigail.

However they reached a door that had a pass code. "Look. Do you have a code?" Abagail asked Ben who nodded his head.

"3-7-9-4." He recited, putting the pin in and opening the door. Everyone split up around the small room and started looking for a book.

"What did the president say the number was?" Alex asked as she turned around to see her brother looking around the room.

"234786" Ben recited.

Alex looked up and down the shelves, looking for the books.

"XY23327" Ben said as his fingers traced the aisle.

"Seventy-six, 78," Abigail said as she counted down each book, her finger meeting with Bens in the middle to find that the book was not their.

Alex and Riley peered over their shoulders, "It's not there." Abigail said, a sigh escaping her lips in defeat.

"Maybe someone checked it out." Riley suggested as he looked around.

"Why send us here if there's no book?" Abagail questioned as she looked at Ben.

"He probably wanted us to get caught." Riley joked but Alex noticed that there was almost a hint of seriousness in his voice. Ben noticed something behind the books and started placing stray books in Riley's arms.

"What is that?" Alex asked as Ben climbed up the bookself, stacking books on Riley, revealing a combination.

"It's a six-dial combination lock." Ben explained as he reached up.