𝐞𝐧𝐝

Mammon let out a relieved sigh, thankful the day was finally over.

No more stupid classwork or boring lectures! Thankfully there wasn't a student council meeting, as the money-obsessed demon wasn't sure if he would be able to sit there in another boring lecture. It sent his brain to the fryer each time!

Besides, he has more important things to do.

"I wonder how (Y/n)'s doing..." He mutters, playing with the ring on his finger.

Mammon missed you dearly. It's been quite a while since he has been able to see you— and honestly, he's been a mess. His thoughts have been clouded with you and only you 24/7 ever since you had left, causing him to even lose a couple of hours of sleep. If his grades weren't already low, they're even lower. His brothers grew concerned more than ever in the sudden second-born's behavior. He hadn't even been stealing or scheming up things.

"I'll be back, Lucifer!" Mammon said, not allowing his older sibling to respond before he appeared in the human world. "I'm comin' for ya, (Y/n)."

The tall demon strolled through the familiar city you lived in. Each and every turn, he thought back to a certain memory that happened there. For example, as Mammon glanced towards the book store, he would think of the time you both got kicked out because he tried to steal and you attempted to get him out of trouble. Nothing new, of course. In fact, the majority of his memories involved you attempting to get him out of trouble and danger.

A smile played at his lips from the thought. His fingers fiddled with Goldie, who was in his pocket. As he walked, he saw a flower shop. You would love those, wouldn't you?

...Should he steal it—

No.

'(Y/n) would make me return it anyway.' With a tsk, he walked into the store, looking at the many different types and colored flowers. It smelt earthy but in a good way.

"Need any help?" A worker asked the demon. "If you're looking for something for your significant other, I can recommend a few!"

Mammon nodded, following the woman. After picking out a couple, they made his bouquet. Paying with Goldie, he ventured out to where you would be located.

In his arms was a bouquet of white chrysanthemums, pink and red roses, and dark red carnations. All very beautiful in their own significant way.

Happily reaching said area, he saw you wave towards him.

"(Y/n)! I missed ya, ya know?" A grin played on his face. "How has life been here?"

You smiled softly. "I missed you more. It's been okay here. I'd prefer to be back with you and everyone else. It's rather boring to be here alone, to be honest. How have you and the rest been?"

"I told ya that ya should have stayed with us." He crossed his arms with a pout. "Well, anyway, nothing much is new. Asmo is still obsessed with himself, Satan and Belphie are still in a Lucifer hate club, Beel is as gluttonous as ever..."

Giggling from how predictable the brothers were, you blissfully sighed while Mammon continued.

"Oh, can you believe Levi called Lotan on me?!"

"Did you sell his exclusive figures again?"

"Yup. Ya guessed it. I tried to sell his figures again."

"I feel bad for Levi."

Mammon shifted in his stance, a bittersweet smile forming on his lips. "Ya know... I miss the times ya were here. Ya were the only reason our family reconciled..."

You turned silent, watching as Mammon clenched his fists. Tears welled up in his eyes, "When will you show up again? I will wait for ya as long as it takes. I don't care who or what form ya would be... I just wanna be with ya again."

Wiping his tears that came down like a waterfall, he placed the flowers down on your grave. Memories of when you two first met and fell in love played in his head.

As he turned around to leave, you watched him with tears flowing down your face.

"One day we will be reunited, my precious demon."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

QUICK EXPLANATION OF THIS WHOLE STORY IN CASE IT DOESNT MAKE SENSE:

Every chapter before this one is MEMORIES. Meaning, the present time is this chapter. Those previous chapters were Mammon remembering his time with MC. Hence the text towards the end, "memories of when you two first met and fell in love played in his head."

ALSO CREDITS TO SZAINX ON INSTAGRAM FOR THE ART AND CONCEPT OF THIS FANFIC🥰🥰

Extra info:
Pink roses- express of love and grace
Red roses- express abiding love and respect
Red carnation- express deep love and affection
White chrysanthemum- symbol of loyalty and devoted love