𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

⚠️Heavy chapter 13 and slight chapter 14 mentions⚠️

So, lots of stuff was happening. Too much all at once, really.

Belphegor, the demon in the attic, has been taken by Diavolo. From what the prince of the underworld had been saying, it seems like the sloth demon despised humans. Why? You weren't sure. It hasn't been explained to you yet.

And then there were your feelings for the white-haired demon.

It was suffocating— in a good way!

But, sometimes it got to the point you were sure even Mammon himself could tell you liked him. Demons can hear heartbeats after all.

When you walked through the House of Lamentation alongside Beel, Asmo was there. He was rather surprised to see the both of you coming home so early.

"Asmo, is Lucifer in his room?" Beel
asked, stuffing his hands into his pockets.

Said demon stood up from his seat, sauntering closer to the both of you. With a tilt of his head, he held a large frown that contrasted his usual smile. "Excuse me? Aren't you getting ahead of yourself? Isn't there something you'd like to say to the rest of us first? (Y/n), how about you?"

"Ah, I'm sorry Asmo."

Patting your head as to say good job, his lips curled upwards. "Hehe, there we go. Nicely done. Very cooperative of you. I'd be lying if I said I didn't find that kind of attractive..."

Coughing into your fist, you adverted your gaze from the gorgeous demon. After explaining yourself some more and apologizing again, he shooed you off to do the same with Satan, Mammon, and Leviathan.

When you entered the planetarium, Satan was there, just as Asmodeus told you. He would talk about how this whole thing was a disaster, and how you always stuck your nose in their business.

"Everybody has always told me I'm so much like Lucifer, but I could've never imagined he'd lock his own brother prisoner... He thinks there's no problem he can't handle on his own, never telling us anything." He paused for a few seconds of silence before continuing.

"...It's so irritating. Still, it's not surprising he wouldn't tell me anything, is it? Considering I had nothing but hatred for him. And I do the same thing he does. I keep things to myself, deal with it on my own. Do what I want with no regard."

With knitted brows, you shook your head at his words. Satan wasn't like Lucifer, in your opinion. They're both rather different in both personality and mentality wise.

"That's not true at all, Satan. You aren't the person that others and yourself are making you out to be. Just know that you're your own person, not Lucifer, okay?"

He looked rather shocked for a quick second before a soft smile made its way onto his face. "...Thanks."

After waving off the blonde demon, you headed down to Mammon's room, knowing he'd be holed up there. Your heart ached at the thought of him hating you. Hopefully, he'll understand...

Knocking onto his door, you called out to him, which he immediately began to yell back.

"No ones heeere! The Great Mammon's not hooome! I can't hear youuu. I can't hear people who keep secrets from me and never tell me anythiiing!"

Your confidence faltered at his words, bringing your hands down from the door and listening in on his words in silence.

"Just so ya know, I'm not speakin' to ya EVER again! Apologize all you want. You'll only waste your breath. Go back to the human world, and don't come back until you've changed your ways! You dummy! You great big dummy!"