Chapter 5

The noisy and turbulent students occupied the large area of cafeteria. Each student has a circle of friends and they are having their lunch while talking funny stuffs.

And there's lonely Shaun holding the tray of food and walking towards the corner table of cafeteria.

Shaun was looking at the people around him whose were talking and laughing together with their friends. He felt a twinge of envy over them.

Shaun is actually friendly, but actually not. He's not that friendly to approach people first, because he's afraid that the people he approached may not want him to be friends. So he's waiting for people to approach him first before he make friends. And if you're now friends with Shaun, Shaun will tell you the whole story of his life. Your first impression about him will change immediately, because you will realize that he was just introvert.

While Shaun is walking he passed Rick's group. Lorenz and Eric was waiting for Rick who is getting his food at food-serving counters.

Shaun went toward the empty cafeteria table and he put down the tray of food on it. As he sat down on chair, Lorenz and Eric sat in front of him. He looked at them confused.

"Hi, dude?" Eric started the conversation.

"Hello?" Shaun mumbled. 'Why do they sit here?' He thought.

"Why do you always eat here just with yourself?" Lorenz asked.

"Because there's no one to be with." He answered.

"We're here duh. In addition, you and Rick used to be classmates? Why don't you come with us?" Lorenz suggested.

"No, thanks." He answered.

"Why? Don't you want to be our friend?" Eric interjected.

"No, it's not like that. It's just about me and Ri..." Shaun stopped speaking.

"That you and Rick are enemies?" Lorenz interrupted what Shaun was going to say.

"Yeah, something like that." He mumbled.

"He said, you always annoyed him." Eric said.

Shaun bowed his head to take a spoonful of rice. "No, I don't. He always start the fight between us."

When he lifted his head, he saw Rick standing behind Lorenz and Eric.

"Yeah he's right. I always start the fight. So, let's go. Lumipat na tayo ng ibang table." Rick told.

Lorenz and Eric looked at him. "Why do we have to change table? Eh nakaupo na tayo dito." Lorenz stated.

"Okay, bahala kayo." Rick is ready to leave, but Lorenz grabbed his uniform.

"Umupo ka na dito, ang dami mo pang kaartihan." Lorenz said.

"Fine, but leave that seat. I'll sit there." Pagtaboy ni Rick kay Lorenz.

They are sitting in four-seater table. Lorenz and Eric are sitting together and Shaun in front of Eric, while the chair next to Shaun is vacant.

"No, I got here first. Doon ka na umupo sa tabi ni Shaun." Lorenz explained.

Lorenz stood up and put Rick beside Shaun before he walk out. Rick sat down beside Shaun with resentful face and with his heart beating fast.

Shaun is just steady and eating his lunch peacefully. Meanwhile, Lorenz and Eric are talking random stuffs.

Rick glanced at Shaun who was eating and he's looking at Shaun's dimple. Rick was eating his food while looking at him, when Oliver came.

Rick was startled when Oliver tapped his and Shaun's shoulder.