five

There's never a reason not to chase the ones who make you feel something.

***

Time. Leila wanted time to decide whether or not she'd want to give him a second chance. Shehryaar agreed to it but he is getting impatient with every passing day, it's been two weeks now. She has been avoiding him like a plague. He decided to get into action so that she would agree to the second chance, he really wanted to prove to her that the second chance would be worth it. So worth it.

It was one of those days, where Leila was late for her college; nothing unusual and a smirk appears on his face as he thought of a plan. Taking out his phone, he messaged all of his drivers and asked them to take the car for service, immediately. Leila has been eating her breakfast silently, with her head glued towards the plate. Not once did she dare to look up into his beautiful charcoal eyes. She was aware of his staring, it happened a lot these days. But Leila decided to act oblivion about it.

How easy it is for him to come and ask sorry, expecting her to forgive him just like that. She was a human too and she needed time to make her heart understand that all of this was happening in real. She still couldn't believe that Shehryaar has apologised for his actions. She never dreamt of this day. But it came anyway. And now she's clueless about what to do further.

After gulping a glass of water, Leila got up from her seat. Shehryaar watched her disappearing image with a sly smile. After a minute, he too gets out of there and when he came out he was shocked for a second.

Leila smiled at the red roses and the note attached to them, which read; Is your name Google? Because you got everything I'm searching for. Inhaling the fragrance of rose, she smiled again.

It had no name on it, so she has assumed that it was Shehryaar. But what she didn't expect was to see him marching towards her with a frown on his face.

"Who gave this to you?" He asked her angrily, his eyes fumed with rage and possessiveness.

Confused, Leila frowned upon his question," what do you mean who gave this? I thought it was you."

Shehryaar snatched the roses from her hands and then read the note, he couldn't help but cringe at it.

"You think I'd do something as stupid as this?" He grimaced at that thought. She scrunched her nose and walked around hoping to find her car so that she'd get away with this. She had no idea who has sent her that but if any more minute passes, Shehryaar might lose his cool. That much she knows about him. But as far as her eyes could go, their big parking lot was empty and there was only a single car; which was Shehryaar's.

"Where are the cars?" Turning around, angrily she questioned him. She knew it was him. A smirk appears on his face as he strides towards her. After crushing the roses under his shoes.

'Oh, the poor rose.' Leila thought with a frown.

"You answer me first, who gave that to you?" He asked her again as he eyed that crushed roses.

"Seriously? I don't know." Leila answered honestly but a smirk appears on her face as she guessed who it was. That could be the only possibility.

"It must be Junaid. My future husband." Shehryaar's face was so worth watching, she tried hard not to laugh. His eyes became red in fury. Anymore second, she'd burst out laughing. But Leila was caught off guard as he pulled her wrists and twisted them from behind, pulling her close to him. It made her hit on his chest. She gasped at this sudden closeness. Her bag fell off her hands in the process.

Breathe in. Breathe out.

Shehryaar closed his eyes to control himself. Leila looked at his face with a confused and innocent look on her face.

"I know I have been a big jerk to you, Leila." He muttered weakly whilst opening his eyes.

"But don't ever talk about getting married to someone else. Because that is not happening. You're my Leila. Just mine." He whispered huskily into her eyes, making her shiver under his breath against her earlobes.

"What about my marriage? They've already fixed it I believe." Mischievously she asked him that, his face screamed the words; anger and frustration. But it was so fun to pull his legs.

"To hell with it. Remember this always, you're my Leila. Shehryaar's Leila. Always have and always will be." Shehryaar muttered possessively as he cupped her cheeks, gently.

Leila shut her eyes at his words. The stupid man still had that stupid effect on her even after all these years.

"Am I clear?" He asked again. She opened her eyes and looked into his. Even though his voice was dangerous and possessive, his eyes screamed otherwise. It looked so vulnerable and scared. He was scared of losing her to someone else and it is eating him alive.

"Please don't leave me, Leila. I'm broken without you." Not hearing any reply from her, he finally showed her his weakness. She was his weakness and a life without her seemed like hell to him. He'd do anything just to have her back in his life, anything.

"I was broken without you too. You broke me so much, cherry." Shehryaar's eyes beamed at his nickname. He has heard that one after a year now. Nostalgia hits him hard.

"I'm sorry is all I have to say. Please forgive me, Leila. I'll do anything to get you back. Tell me what." Shehryaar asked as he tucked her hair strands behind her ears. All this while, he has been holding her like this, close to him.

"I know you're sorry. But I'm scared okay. What if something else happens again? I can't help but think that you'd leave me again." Leila expressed her insecurity openly. He gaped at those words.

"I'd not do that, you know right?"

"It's your actions which made me think like that," Leila muttered whilst trying to pull away from his grip. But he held her more firmly.

"I'd never repeat the same mistake again, Leila. I know asking you to trust me is stupid. But do you forgive me?" He asked her with a hopeful voice.

"I-i do." She replied with a small smile on her face. Relief washed over his heart as he heard those words.

"Don't you think that we both deserve a second chance?" this time his voice was calm and composed. She looked into his eyes whilst blinking in yes. He has never felt so happy before, not even when they got engaged he was this happy. What he felt now was far from being just happy. It was entirely something else.

"The things you do to me, Leila Qureshi." Inhaling her sweet fragrance he whispered those words making her shiver under his presence.

"I missed you." She said with teary eyes, wiping away those tears he replied, "I missed you more."

"You're such a liar." Huffing angrily, Leila pulled away from his grip.

"Janaan. I'm not lying. I seriously missed you." He caught her wrists again with a chuckle. A blush crept onto her cheeks at his endearment. It was his favourite endearment which he used for her in the past.

"But on a serious note, will you marry me?" Trust him to be so brutally blunt like that. Leila froze at his words.

"Marr-ry y-you?"

"Yes, marry me... So that I can kiss you with all my might."

Just remember that some people will be worth a second chance.