three

When it's real, you can't just walk away.

***

Leila Qureshi was anxious. She couldn't sit straight but sat down anyway. The curious and intense glances from her probably to-be in-laws made her nervous and so freaking anxious. She was more and more self-conscious with each passing second. After being rejected by the love of her life just two days before their marriage has made her somewhat insecure and she couldn't even help about it.

"We love your daughter, she's so pretty Masha Allah." Zoya Khaled exclaimed in glee as she sipped the ginger tea. Humera and Faik passed each happy smiles while Leila sat there numbly whilst thinking; I'm really getting married to someone else then.

"We should not waste any time and conduct the nikkah as soon as possible." To everyone's surprise, it was Agha Jaan who said those words. The whole Qureshi family were shocked yet again. Basheer Qureshi never liked Leila before, he made that clear to everyone else and his sudden interest in getting Leila married made them a little suspicious but they couldn't ponder more on it as Usman Khaled started to talk again.

"We were thinking of doing the same, Junaid has to go back to Seattle next month and we want to get him married soon and pass on the responsibility of taking care of him to my daughter in law." Both families shared a good laugh at Usman Khaled's words except for two people.

Any other girl would have probably blushed but Leila felt nothing. She felt nothing.

Shehryaar felt himself going insane with each passing second. He couldn't fathom the thought that all of this was actually happening in real. His Leila; the love of his life was going to get married but not with him. That was driving him nuts and whatnot but what he couldn't understand was; his feelings. Did he really hate her that much to let her go away? His mind was screaming a big yes but don't even ask about what his heart wanted.

"We will discuss the dates in the phone call then. With our elder's consent and all." Zoya chirped happily as she eyed her son, who was smiling at his mother and father and subtly eyed his future wife, God! She was so beautiful.

"Sure, but let it be as soon as possible." Agha Jaan added once again shocking everyone. They wondered what's wrong with him?

But Leila knew exactly why he was doing this. She couldn't be more disgusted anyways. From the corner of her eyes, she also saw Armeena passing a smug smile on her way. She rolled her eyes at that witch.

If the saying; 'every dog has its day' was true then Leila wondered when her day would come. She waited for the krama to hit them hard, so badly.

Soon enough the guests left, Leila heaved a sigh of relief, she wouldn't have lasted anymore second pretending to be happy when she is not. Her mother and father have gone with the Khaled's to send them off and everyone else too retreated to their bedroom. Before she could walk upstairs, a strong pair of hands pulled her wrists and she was dragged into the storeroom along with that person. Her eyes widened in disbelief and shock as she opened her mouth to yell, the same hands shut her mouth close with his palms.

"Shush. It's me." Shehryaar's husky voice hits her hard. It made her feel things she wasn't supposed to be feeling. And to add his soft yet hard palms against her mouth, was something else entirely. She'd go berserk today. Leila was sure of that.

She tried to push him away and run but he was quicker than her, as he pushed her against the wall and placed his hands on either side; making sure she doesn't run away.