Burt Reynolds

after getting rid of the food i barely touched i decide to wander around to look for something to take my mind off of that fucking smirk.
about halfway down the corridor i see an open door. i step into the library and notice its empty. probably because its lunch. i breathe a sigh of relief, finally able to be alone for a while.
most of the shelves are filled with books about law and educational books. i always preferred fiction. an easy escape from reality.
after finding nothing of interest i come to the set of shelves at the back.
i start to lose hope before spotting a big white book. pulling it out i notice its lighter than expected. opening it i realise its been carved out into a hollow box. its empty but theres a name scratched into the bottom. "carol"
i run my fingers over the marking, thinking about that thick brown hair and slender rough hands. the sweet scent she carries with her and her dark eyes with that intense gaze.
suddenly i slam the book shut. what the fuck am i thinking. i cant trust anyone. even if she makes me feel something i havent felt before in my life. i serve my sentence a lone wolf. i cant get too close.
i go to put the book back before noticing something behind the shelf. i bend down and see a torn burt reynolds poster.
i walk around the shelf seeing a matress on the floor and a glass ashtray full of cigarette butts.
"i didnt know she was a burt reynolds fan"
i said to myself.
"well have you seen him"
i quickly turn my head and see carol next to the shelf
"hes human perfection"
she says with a smile, walking over to the poster and taking it off the wall.
"why did u follow me?" i ask, watching her look down at the poster, a far away look in her eyes.
"i dont know, got bored"
she drops the poster on the floor and sits down on the matress, leaning on her elbow.
"i used to sell from here. with frieda. untill it all went to shit."
i watch her expression fall.
"is she the one who sold you out?"
she doesnt reply so i take that as a yes.
sighing, i go and sit on the matress next to her.
"so you were the big boss drug dealer of this block then"
she looks at me and a smirk replaces her bitter expression.
"i still am princess"
she says, giving me a grin and brushing my hair behind my ear.
my cheeks become red and i try my best to be strong and turn her down. but its nice to have someone touch me like that. ive only been in here a couple days but already i felt lonelier than ever before.
with a sigh i turn to look at her.
she looks into my eyes and the grin almost becomes a genuine smile.
"arent you scared?"
she laughs and shakes her head.
"i run this place. anyone fucks with me theyre dead."
i look down at my clasped hands.
"i dont mean that"
she looks at me, waiting for me to continue.
"i mean... arent you scared of getting close to someone again?"
i look back into her eyes and see a look in her eyes id never seen before.
"i dont have any true friends. im alone in here."
my stomach drops with sadness. more than is reasonable to feel for someone id only known a couple days.
her hand reaches out and she grabs my chin, softer than ever before.
"but its different with you. you know how it feels. and i know once anyone experiences what i did, they wouldnt betray someone like that."
i look into her eyes, searching them for any signs of a lie.
with a sigh i give up and give in to my heart.
"i trust you too"
her smile grows bigger and she looks at me a moment longer before her eyes move down to my lips.
not wasting a second she presses her lips to mine, pushing me down slowly onto the matress.
i lay there not knowing how to react for a moment before my hands find my way around her neck and into her hair.
she leans over me on her hands, her knee taking its usual place between my legs.
just as her lips starts to trail down my neck, loud voices drift into the room from the corridor.
carol groans and gets off of me, her usual pissed off look coming back.
"lunch must be finished" i sit up and try to flatten my hair.
"we can continue when we have some privacy tonight" i throw her a cheeky wink and she bursts out laughing. the sound of her loud but still delicate laugh replays in my mind and i crack a smile.
"dont ever do that again, you look fucking weird" she says, still laughing.
"hey! not like you could do any better"
she raises an eyebrow and i see a dangerous glint in her eyes. she moves forward, leaning closer and closer. i lean back as she moves in until im holding myself up on my elbows.
her face is so close i can smell the scent of strawberry lollypops and jasmine shampoo.
she scans my face, scrutinizing me as my face heats up. even her eyes on me will make me feel like a deer in headlights.
she smirks and gives me a wink, making mg legs feel like jelly. good thing im sitting or id probably collapse.
she laughs again, this time under her breath. her lips brush against mine and i lean in, only for her to stand up and walk away, throwing me a cheeky smile over her shoulder.
"fuck you denning" i mumble, shaking my head as i sit up and compose myself.
"i know you want to" she shouts from the doorway.