Betrayal

"lights out, in your bunks inmates" i hear as i finish making my bed.
i climb up to the top bunk, slipping my shoes off.
i start unbuttoning my orange jumpsuit, pulling it off my shoulders as carol walks in.
she watches me as i get undressed, her piercing eyes studying my every move.
"do you mind" i say, carrying on unfased.
"not at all" she says with that smirk she loves so much.
i glare at her as i pull the giant grey t shirt on, hiding my body from her gaze.
i give her one last glare before laying down facing the wall and pulling the blanket over me.
i hear her chuckle and the sound of her jumpsuit hitting the floor.
soon the bunk moves as she gets in her bed. i shut my eyes trying my best to drift off.
"you gonna tell me what that was about earlier?"
i groan and roll my eyes.
"im trying to sleep."
i say, not wanting to talk about it.
"you dont sleep until you speak. i know everything that happens around here."
i sigh and turn onto my back, staring at the ceiling.
"that bitch is the reason ill never trust anyone again. no one will ever be my friend in here."
theres a silence for a bit before she sits up.
"i heard what you said. she sold you out?"
i grip the blanket and shut my eyes, trying to calm down.
"20 more years. that lying bitch took my whole life away from me. i should be serving 10 but now im gonna be 49 by the time im out. and that cunt only gets 10."
i feel the rage start to come back as my knuckles turn white.
i hear her inhale deeply.
"30 years." she says, pausing for a moment.
"i got 30 more years cause i let myself trust someone."
i hear her grit her teeth and her voice gets louder and darker as she talks.
i let out a breath id been holding in.
"well at least we can fester in our rage together for 30 years."
i say turning back to the wall.
"night"
the last thing i hear is her laying back down before i slip into darkness.

shorter chapter today but i write more every night and have like 5 chapters already written so ill be updating every day for a while