Enclosed. A Hunger Games Story. Finale

Start from the beginning

We wake up at the sound of people's voices. None of them are threatening. But one guy leaves the group and walks in under the cave. I shoot him right in the head so he dies silently. The group of three people don't even notice. Nolan wakes up a few seconds later.

"Why is there a dead body.....?"

"You just missed it. He came down looking for something and I shot him. There's now 10 of us left. And a group of three just walked passed. Challenge accepted."

We silently get out of the cave. On the way out I grab my arrow put of the guys body. The group is no more than 30 feet in front of us. I take out an arrow and Nolan takes a spear. We both shoot at the same time and two of them die. There's one left and he runs at us with his sword. I quickly pull out another arrow and shoot him. 7 of us left.

We continue on our journey. We decide to find some water and there has to be a stream or something around.

"I wonder where the other five are. I mean. The arenas so huge and everything. It's going to be impossible to find the others" I say.

Nolan just stares at me. He's been depressed ever since our talk of winning. He knows he can't. But I think he can. If I don't survive.

"Look. Just being depressed and silent won't get you anywhere in life. If you want to win then talk."

"Shut the hell up. I'm done even trying. I know for a fact I won't win. But I do know you are. I've been staying with you for protection. Because your the only one who has a chance at helping me win. But I'm done. Good luck John."

He walks away without another word. I try to run after him but he pulls out a spear. I knew our friendship was over at that point. It was going to end at some point.

I walk away in silence. Trying to recover the fact that I basically lost my two best friends. Maybe my family, and everyone else I knew. The only person I knew I had left was Hattalines father but there was still a chance others were alive.

I walk along when I see the remaining 5 tributes all in a pack together. They were coming from Nolan's direction, they coming running at me and I grab my arrows. I shoot two down in a matter of seconds.but the others are running at me so fast that I begin to dart the other way. I look behind me and grab my arrows again. I shoot one in the arm but he didn't die. Then I realized it was the guy from Jacks district.

I kept running and I shot another arrow back. This time I killed the guy from Jack's district. I got some distance and shot another arrow. This time one guy was left. I shot one last arrow and he died. The five bombs went off. I waited and waited.

No aircraft or announcement. Nolan's still alive.

Great. Now Nolan's still alive. It's either me or him.

I decide I need to avoid the situation and think of what to do. I can either kill my best friend or have him kill me. Both situations are horrible and will be on our consciences forever. But another thought came up. Was he my best friend? After all, he used me.

I continue to walk for awhile and I find a tree to sleep in. Bombs go off. Five. Two more left. I tie myself to the tree and sleep.

I wake up. I decide to go to the cornucopia. Nolan will probably think of the same thing. I get there within ten minutes.

The first thing i see is Nolan. With a spear. Being raised in the air and he's pointing it at himself.

"NOLAN!" I scream

He sees me and immediately drops the spear and I run right towards him and tackle him to the ground.

"What the hell were you thinking? Killing yourself?"

"Well I didn't know you were the last one alive. But I couldn't risk it. I could never kill you. Not even in the games."

I sit there. Speechless. He tried to kill himself. So I wouldn't need to.

"Well we both have this on our minds. What are we going to do? If we both try to win, we both die. If we both try to kill ourselves, one gets brought back to life. But that means the thoughts of 'Why me?'"

"Well. I say I go back to what I was doing at let you win."

"No! I can't let you do that."

"Trust me."

"But..."

"Trust me."

We hug each other. Losing a best friend? I can't even imagine... We both start to cry as Nolan begins to walk away. He picks up the spear. He says good bye and he cry even harder. He takes the spear and he himself begins to cry and a second later, the spear is gabbed in his stomach. He falls straight to the ground. I give the signal of respect. I run up to Nolan's body and take the spear out. I want something to remember him by. I take my mocking jay pin and put it on his jacket. I get up but quickly fall to the ground. I lie on the ground for awhile. Crying my eyes out. An aircraft comes and begins to take Nolan's body up. As the body is going up. I notice something.

His eyes opened and he's looking right at me.

The hovercraft flew away. As of right now, Nolan was alive. Or dead. I didn't even know. How is this even possible? His eyes opened. But he stabbed himself in the stomach. I had so many thoughts going through my head. First of all. Was Nolan alive? Second of all. I am the victor of the 625th Hunger Games. And Finally. Now what? Another aircraft came to pick me out of the arena. So I guess one of my questions were answered. But I had another one on my mind. Where the hell am I going to go? District 12 was destroyed. And my family was possibly dead.

Turns out we're going to the Capitol. We get there in minutes. I get out and walk into some building. A peacekeeper comes up to me and grabs my arm and takes me to a room with huge doors. The doors open. I see President Whitely. And Nolan. Alive.

"Ah. I see you have made it very quickly. How were the games John? You won after all."

"Yeah I did. But that meant my District being blown up, my family possibly dying, my best friend died, and my other best friend got stabbed in the stomach. Such fun games..."

"Now is that anyway to talk to your President? Well, your family isn't dead. Neither is Hattaline, or Nolan's family. We lost the position of Graces family. So them we don't know. But John, we have a problem.

Right then and there I knew why we were at the Capitol.

"You both got out of the arena alive. Technically we needed to assist Nolan with some medical aid. But you both got out alive. And that can't happen. You have some choices."

"What are they exactly?" says Nolan.

"We can kill one of you right here right now. We can kill both of you. Or.....

We can send you both back into the games."