Enclosed. A Hunger Games Story. Chapter One.

Man. How shall i introduce myself? Well. My name. Jonathan. Yeah. I live in the remains of District Twelve. It was destroyed awhile ago but isn't fully recovered. The capitol hates me. My dad was in the 600th Hunger Games. As punishment for a rebellion generations previous against the Capitol wherein twelve of the districts were defeated and the thirteenth purportedly destroyed, every year one boy and one girl from each of the remaining twelve districts, between the ages of twelve and eighteen, are selected by lottery and forced to participate in the "Hunger Games". The Games are a televised event where the participants, called "tributes", must fight to the death in a dangerous outdoor arena until only one remains. The winning tribute and his/her corresponding district is then rewarded handsomely with food and plenty. The purpose of the Hunger Games is to provide entertainment for the Capitol and to serve as a warning to the Districts to remind them of the Capitol's power and lack of remorse. But anyway, it was the twenty fourth Quarter Quell. He was the victor but was killed about 13 years later after having me because of the rules of the games. He was like my best friend. Taught me how to throw knives, shoot a bow and arrow ( in memory of Katniss Everdeen, my great great great great great great grandmother, victor of the 74th Hunger Games) and how to fight with a sword. He also showed me how to tell whats poisonous or not and basically how to survive. I still use those skills to provide for my family. My mom and my sister Clove. Life isn't easy in district 12. The capitol hates us because of what happened in the 74 and 75 Hunger Games. But whatever. Everyday I practice my hunting with my friend Grace. Ive known her since I was three and she occasionally came to learn how to hunt with me and my father and sometimes my other friend Hattaline came along too. She was actually pretty good. But I was better. A lot better. But we both hunted, we both supplied for our family, and we both hated the Capitol. It is obvious that the Capitol enjoys tormenting the Districts' weakness. Ever since the Dark Days, the evil government of Panem has taken great caution in preventing another rebellion from the twelve remaining Districts.

This resulted in the rise of the Hunger Games, a brutal fight-to-the-finish among the District children.

And as if the Games alone were not enough, the Capitol also introduced their idea for the Quarter Quell - The Quarter Quell is a special Hunger Games that occurs every 25 years.Each Quell includes a new twist to the rules, supposedly prescribed at the end of the Dark Days when the Hunger Games were first created. The President selects the year number from the box and announces the rule change live on television.

Throughout history, 24 Quarter Quells have occurred, all of which had their own special twist accompanied by a theme to remind the Districts never to rebel against the Capitol again.

In the first Quarter Quell, citizens of the Districts voted on the children they wanted sent into the arena.

In the second, instead of the usual two tributes from each District sent in, four tributes were chosen from each of the Districts.

In the third, the tributes chosen were past winners of the Hunger Games.

In the fourth, one tribute was chosen, and that tribute was forced to select the next tribute for the District.

In the fifth, the Capitol removed from the arena the infamous Cornucopia, the center of the arena and the source of all essential supplies, leaving the tributes to fend for themselves in the wild.

In the sixth, As a reminder to the districts that they will always fail, regardless of how many times they try to come back and revolt, the tributes in the upcoming Hunger Games will have two chances. This means that, after the first death, the tribute will be brought back to resume playing in the Games

In the seventh, The age range was changed from 8-30 instead of 12-18 which was a horrible game to watch.

In the eighth, instead of a girl and a boy chosen to compete, it was an all girls game.

In the ninth, it was the exact same as the eighth, except an all boys game.

In the tenth, which was a big celebration, 5 tributes, any gender, any age, were chosen to compete in the games.

In the eleventh, two entire families were chosen from each district instead of just one tribute. But only one tribute could live.

In the twelfth, only 1/2 of the districts had tributes sent in.

In the thirteenth, only one tribute was chosen from each district and the arena was smaller and more dangerous.

In the fourteenth, usual number of tributes were chosen, but alliances were not allowed. Anyone caught would be killed.

In the fifteenth, the districts had to pick there District number as the amount of boys and girls chosen. So, 1 boy and 1 girl from District 1, 2 boys 2 girls from District 2. 3 and 3 from District 3 etc..

In the sixteenth, children under 12 were chosen to compete in the games.

In the seventeenth, the twelve girls competed in one arena, and the twelve boys competed in another. the remaining three people from each competed in a third arena.

In the eighteenth, children from past winning tributes were chosen to compete in the games.

In the nineteenth, only 1/2 of the people needed to be killed.

In the twentieth, any living tributes chosen before ALL had to compete in the arena.

In the twenty-first, the tributes went from the reaping straight to the arena. No training.

In the twenty-second, before the tributes entered the arena they injected them with a sickness that kills them in one week. Each time they killed someone they were given a dose of medication that kept them alive for one more week which made people have to kill others.

In the twenty-third, each day after the anthem/faces in the sky, a spotlight shines down on each tribute so that each tribute knows where the others are.

In the twenty-fourth and most resent one, To show that the districts have no hope, any age can be chosen and the victor will be killed at the end of the games.

But today is the announcement for the theme of the 25th Quarter Quell. And the capitol already said that this year will be quite a treat. Considering that Quarter Quells happen every 25 years and its the 25th Quarter Quell.