The Assignment Prologue

Prologue.

Only two more minutes and I would be executing one of my biggest heists yet. The raw adrenaline gnawed at my veins. I loved the feeling I got knowing that at the click of a button the most powerful man in the state of Nevada was going down. All his assets being transferred to dozens of bank accounts across the world.  So sad to think that he went to sleep financially endowed and when he walks into his office in four minutes all of those finances are gone. I lay back in his office chair as I waited for the process to be completed.

            A key was inserted in the door knob and I knew I had to get out there. I hastily plugged in the last few codes to complete the process and a system erase. The door began to open and I stealthily dived behind it and made my escape as he walked in.  Due to my right hand man the camera systems had been playing a constant loop of an empty corridor so I was able to walk out without a trace.

            As the elevator door shut I heard an agonizing scream as the sniper hit the target. "Mission accomplished" I smirked to myself.  

***

            "Avery, you did well, now that you pulled this off without a hitch I know for a fact that you are the most qualified for the job that I am about to assign you." The Boss said as I reported in after my completed assignment.  I could feel the excitement begin to build in my stomach as the thousands of exhilarating possibilities raced through my head. "The assignment my dear is quite simple. Just a bit more...tedious." He spoke eloquently and those few words had me at the edge of my seat in anticipation. "Well, what is it?" I questioned impatiently. He flicked me an annoyed glare "Patience is a virtue my dear, one that you must have plenty of to complete this assignment. As I said before it is quite simple. Your target is the one and only multibillionaire Colby Turner. There is a catch though, you must get close to the target, enamor him if you must, after enough time has passed the transaction shall be executed and dear Colby Turner shall be taken care of as always."

            I felt the screws in my head begin turning as I thought. Without any further delay I stood up and stuck my right hand out, "I'll do it." we shook hands and the deal was sealed. Bye-bye Mr. Colby Turner I though bitterly. 

~*~*~*~

A/N: So this is my first story on wattpad and I'm really excited to see what you guys think about it. I really hope you like it. :D Enjoy