The Assignment Chapter 1

Chapter 1              

 Colby Turner had without a doubt become my most time consuming case. Even with my job I had never been too keen on surveillance, seeing as it required massive amounts of time. Time that was taken away from my free time, also known as my sleeping time. The harsh winter air nipped at my nose as I "jogged" past the Park Avenue Hotel residence to Colby Turner. I was inconspicuously hidden within the parks inhabitants. My long blonde hair was hidden beneath a choppy brown wig and my green eyes were well hidden behind a pair contact lenses. 

A horde of men exited the hotel and surveyed the area for a threat. 'Bodyguards' I mentally noted. Not long after, a dashing man exited the double doors. There stood Colby Turner smartly dressed in a grey business suit and an expensive looking silk tie. I looked at my watch...8:30 A.M.. I watched as his men escorted him into a limousine parked a few feet away and slowly drive off.  The first part of the assignment had been successful. I couldn't do much else for the day because if I followed him it might be too noticeable.

***

                The next day I was back five minutes before I knew he would be walking out. This time I was dressed in business attire, a high waist grey pencil skirt, a red silk blouse, and black pumps. My blonde hair was pulled back in a high ponytail while my bangs flew around in the wind. At 8:28 the bodyguards walked out at 8:29:50 I began walking timing precise. As Turner exited the building and was in my direct line of path I purposely stepped in his way and knocked straight into him. In that moment I managed to tack an untraceable and undetectable tracking device onto his briefcase. 

                The guards immediately swarmed us as Turner helped me gain my balance. An embarrassed blush adorned my cheeks as I looked at him. "I am so sorry... that was my fault I hope your alright? I was always a klutz in heels." I rambled embarrassedly.  Turner chuckled lightly as he assured his guards he was alright.  I brought my wrist up and pretended to be shocked when I saw the time. 

                "Oh no, I'm late" I mumbled but made sure it was loud enough for Turner to hear.  I looked at him apologetically "Sorry again" I told him and walked away making sure to add an extra sway to my step. When I was a good distance away, I turned back and saw him bend down and pick up my wallet which I had "accidently" dropped. Turning the corner I hailed a cab and made my way to what would be my new "Home". 

***

                The Boss had created a whole new identity for me. I had already memorized my story to the last detail.               

Aubrey Grant

DOB: 01/26/1989

Age: 22

Birth Parents: Unknown

Adoptive Parents: Eliza and Donovan Grant

Aubrey Grant given up for adoption at birth, to Eliza and Donovan Grant. Born and raised in New York City, New York. Sent to elite boarding school (Asherville Academy) for high school, and attend NYU and received  a masters degree in business administration.  Currently working as a Project Manager for Alanson & Sons.  

                The information was straight and to the point. Which made it all the better because there would be less to keep track of.  That alone is the most important factor when you have a job like mine. You have to know your story; if not your cover will be blown and that is when you become the target and are taken out for incompetence.

                It was around 9:00 P.M. when there was a knock on my door, glancing at my laptop I smirked knowing exactly who it was, how predictable. Yanking the door open, there stood in all his glory Colby Turner, lost wallet in hand.

                "I believe this is yours" 

*~*~*~*~*~

A/N: 

Well its short but its something. I'll be writng another chapter this week and I'm going to make sure its a lot longer.