The Assignment Chapter 2

“Oh my god! Where did you find it?” I questioned acting surprised. I reached out and grabbed my wallet making sure to brush my fingers against his for an extra second.

            “You dropped it this morning…” He trailed off.

I looked at him confused before I widened my eyes in realization. “You’re the man I ran into this morning.” I said disbelievingly.

            He chuckled slightly. “Yes I am” I blushed. “Thank you so much for bringing it to me” I told him gratefully. “It was my pleasure Ms. Grant” he said somewhat formally.  I rolled my eyes internally; this was such a waste of time.

            I peaked at him from under my eyelashes, “You can call me Aubrey” I said shyly. He nodded smirking arrogantly “Well Aubrey I’m Colby Turner” He said extending his hand out to me. I hesitantly took it, his hand engulfing mine.

            “Nice to meet you” I said with a small smile. He looked at his watch “Yeah you too, I’ve got to get going, try not to lose it again” He said playfully. “I’ll see you around”

            I stood there for a second pretending to gather my thoughts. “Um is there any way I can repay you? Mayb-” He cut me off.

            “Don’t worry about it” He said turning around and walking away.

This was definitely going to be harder than I first thought.

***

The next week was spent in observation. Colby Turner as definitely an interesting man. He knew how to keep his business life separate from his personal life.

During the day I would only see him in business attire going from the hotel to the office and to different meetings.

After hours though was another story entirely. He would go from bar to bar, always with a different woman on his arm, and it was obvious right off the bat that he wasn’t interested in them for their intelligence. He would end the night with a trip to their place, never his, leaving a few hours later with a satisfied look on his face.

By the end of the week I could easily tell you where Colby Turner was at every minute of every day.

***

To keep up appearances I began my job at Alanson & Sons as a project manager. ‘This new assignment involves too much work, the boss had better make it worth it’ I thought bitterly.

Currently I was in my new office working on a new client who wanted to expand his company and he needed our help to create the right marketing. I was in the middle of creating a proposal when the office phone rang.

“Aubrey Grant speaking” I answered.  “Ms. Grant, Mr. Alanson has called a meeting with all project managers” Came the chirpy voice of my secretary Lisa.

“When is it?” I snapped annoyed at being interrupted. “Now” she squeaked.

I hung up the phone angrily and hurriedly made my way to the conference room where the meeting was being held.

I sat in the meeting tuning out until I heard something that caught my attention. “Now I know that there have been rumors flying around and I want to confirm that yes Alanson & Sons is merging with Turner & Co.” Mr. Alanson announced.

I smirked internally. ‘This could work to my advantage, Colby Turner was about to do something he has never done before’ I thought evilly.

Mix business with pleasure. 

*~*~*

A/N: 

Not much but this chapter is the set up to the plot of the story I hope you like it and sorry it took me forever to post.

Vote/Comments would be appreciated.

- Andy (: