Full Circle

Faris and I talked. And talked. And talked. We were about as different as night and day. But Geno was right as always. Talking to him made something better.

   There was a huge weight lifted off my chest after that day. One thing was finally off my plate. I could breathe a little lighter now.

   There were still other issues.
   Allison for one. She was alive. The doctors finished treating her before sending her off to some mental hospital. I would always know she was out there. Waiting. Watching. It frightened me.

  Error for two. He was still unconscious. 7 weeks. 8 weeks.

   9 weeks rolled around. Just shy of Error's next birthday. We were hoping he'd be awake by then.

   His ribs were mostly knitted back together by now. His soul flickered with the effort to keep him stable. His condition had been… okay for lack of a better word.

   "So I was thinking. If Error isn't awake by his birthday we should still throw a party. Like bring balloons and gifts and eat pudding and play cards." Ink brought up the idea.

   " That sounds fun." Geno smilled bouncing Morang on his lap. "Morang would love that wouldn't she?"

   I gave a small laugh. "I'm 99 percent sure that's not allowed."

   " What? Balloons, stuffed toys, pudding, and cards? Are hospitals really that stuffy?" Ink huffed.

   "Most are yeah. I should know. I worked in one for a while." I nommed the gummy bear.

   Geno stopped this before a fight started. "Well regardless. We can still have some sort of celebration."

   Ink and I nodded in response. That sounded fine. Error deserved it after all.

   "I am… invited… right?" The voice was hoarse and scratchier than usual.

   All heads in the room turned to the bed. I dropped my gummy bears...

   Error's eyes were cracked open ever so slightly. "Stop starin' at me..." He muttered sounding tired.

   "Error!" Ink was the first to react as he went to wrap Error in a bone crushing hug.

   Error obviously didn't enjoy that much… He glared at Ink gently as he repositioned himself after that. His chest was obviously still sore.

   "Oh God, Error it's so good to see you awake. Wait till Mom and Asy hear! Ink call your mom. I've got ours plus Asy." Geno hurried out of the room with little Morang in tow.

   "No Hi how are you Error?", Error snarked watching Ink followed Geno out. He slid his eyes over to me. "Hey."

   "Hey..." I muttered quietly. "You're not dead..?"

   "I'm not dead." he repeated.

   " You're so stupid!" I hugged him much more gently than Ink did and felt tears prick my eyes.

   "I'm so stupid.", he repeated again also tearing up "Ow… tender ribs."

   I pulled back. "Sorry." I whispered. "Mr bullet sheild."

   "Shut up." He have a half smile. "And don't be sorry. Be Fresh."

   I laughed softly. " Yeah. I'll do that."

Genesis - The origin or beginning of something.

In this case a simple idea. Everyone reacts to trauma differently. Anger, sadness, depression, denial. Each one is valid. Sometimes life feels like it's moving on without you. That's okay. But you can't stay stuck in your trauma. You have to learn to Refresh the page, find the Internal Error, and restart again with your own Genosis. ;3