8

-October 21st 2013-

    After bringing Risa to my desk I hand her a cheese burger and a water bottle.She eats her food and drinks her water.

Risa:I have no where to go.

  I sigh and put a hand on her shoulder.Amanda leaves to Cragen's office and walks out a minute later.

Amanda:Risa...Would you like to crash at my place?.

Risa:I-i don't want to impose.

Amanda:You won't be.

Risa:"Nods".Then i will.If it's okay with Lara.

Lara:Of course it is Risa.

Amanda:Well I'm ready when you are.

    Soon after that Risa and Amanda leave as I gather my things together.I then leave to the Elevator thinking about what will be in the news paper.A 2 month old Baby boy and a 25 year old Male die in a house fire caused by arson.
    I sigh while leaving the elevator and the building going to my Nana's house.Once I get there I quietly open the door but don't see anyone around.I go to the backyard and see my parents arguing whick looks like it's getting heated.I open the door getting in the middle of them.

Dexter:Lara you get out of the way!.

Lara:No you both need to calm down and take a breath and remain civil.If this got anymore worse the cops would be called for a domestic disturbance.

Dexter:That's for me to worry about.

Zarmilla:I've put up with your father for 30 years.We can handle it.

Lara:"Sighs".I'm gonna go see Nana but please calm down.The both of you.

    I leave into the house and walk to my grandmother's room and knock.

Karla:Come in.

    I walk into the room and see my grandmother laying in bed.I walk over hugging her.

Karla:Hi darling.

Lara:Hi Nana.

Karla:What's wrong dear?.

Lara:Tough case...Um how long have my parents been arguing for?.

Karla:"Sighs".Your parents haven't always had a good marriage they wanted to make you think they did.Your father and mother have some good days...But for the past week all I've seen was bad days.Your mother has your father sleeping on the couch.

Lara:I just broke up a fight between them.Arguing all the time isn't a great space especially with this being your house and you being under the weather.

Karla:"Smiles".Let them handle it.You have enough to handle already.

Lara:"Nods".

Karla:When did you stop getting along with your father?.

Lara:"Sighs".When I turned 15 years old.Thats when his behavior had changed...He's not the man i knew.He's not the man anyone knew.But Mom was in love with the man we knew and since he's changed she still believes that man is there.

Karla:When your mother met your father she was so happy.So happy they eloped after a week of dating eachother.Then a month after that she learnt she was pregnant with you.That spark she felt is still there even after 30 years...When I met your grandfather on the first day of knowing him I knew he was the man of my dreams.After he died 40 years ago I knew I would never fall in love again because I only want him.Me and your grandfather argued but we always talked it out.I bet your mom will do the same in due time.

I nod hugging nanna again.

Lara:I wish i could have met him.

Karla:He would adore you...Your a lot like him in some ways.If he hadn't hurt his back I'm sure he would have been a cop.