Chapter 5

Papa Haner's POV

I looked up from my paper when I saw people walking past our living room window. I heard two guys

talking before they banged on the front door and ran. I furrowed my eyebrows and set my coffee and paper down before slowly rising from the table. I hesitated at the front door before I slowly opened it. I raised my eyebrows at the sight that was before me.

Kate was tied up to a chair with a gag in her mouth. She gave me a "help me" look just before I noticed a

note taped to the collar of her shirt. I took it off and read what was written in all caps. "PACKAGE FOR BRIAN!"

I showed her the note and raised an eyebrow. She groaned and rocked her chair back and forth from

frustration. I chuckled a little, "Okay, let's get you out of this." I took the gag off of her first and she started ranting right away.

"I try to wake them up with some amps and they fucking tie me to a chair! It's not like I did anything

fucking terrible to them!! Try waking up to Damon laying next to you with nothing but a top hat and monocle on while Luke's dressed in drag and Johnny and Zane are signing some Italian song with Barbie Girl blaring in the background!! That is not something a fourteen year old should experience!!!"

I finally untied her last leg and she marched into the living room, fuming. "Kido, what do you want me to

do with your chair?"

She stopped pacing and looked at me confused before she waved it off and went back to pacing. "It

doesn't matter. I'll take it home with me."

"Uh, Kido I was actually about to leave, I can take it with me and drop it off at your house." She plopped

onto the couch and held her face in her hands. "Okay."

"You uh… Want a lift home?" She sat and thought before she finally shook her head. I furrowed my

eyebrows and looked up at Brian's closed bedroom door before looking at her again. "Okay, Kido." I walked over to her and kissed the top of her head. "If you say so."

Kate's POV

Papa Haner closed the door behind him as he left with my chair. I sighed and looked around the living

room before I decided to grab the remote. I turned on the local station and the news was on. I sighed again before I walked into the kitchen and started cooking some eggs and toast.

The six o'clock news ended as I walked back into the living room with my food and the seven o'clock

world news came on. I happily ate my breakfast as I half paid attention to a story about the president. I set my plate and fork on the coffee table and laid down on the couch. I managed to fight off sleep for thirty minutes before I slowly dozed off.

Brian's POV

What the hell is she doing here? I stood over the couch and stared at the sleeping Kate, confused. Should I

wake her up? She sighed in her sleep and I glared. I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a strawberry pop tart for breakfast before I plopped down behind her legs. She jumped awake and pressed her face into the couch pillow again when she saw it was me. "Morning Sleeping Beauty. What are you doing here?"

"Luke and Jimmy tied me to a chair and brought me over here." She mumbled into the pillow and pointed

to a piece of paper that was on the coffee table. "They said I was a package." I picked up the paper to see that it said, "PACKAGE FOR BRIAN!" I rolled my eyes and attempted to throw the paper back onto the table; it slid across the edge and landed on the floor instead.