Chapter 1

It's now senior year and things are still fucked up. Brian hasn't spoken or even looked at me since the

morning after my birthday, Zack's been keeping a distance, and everyone else has been trying to fix everything.  Things between me and Brian couldn't be fixed though. I knew that.

"Happy Senior year!!!" Jimmy screamed at us as he sat down on the grass. We still eat in the same spot

for lunch as last year. "What guy do you think Kate will snag up this year?" Jimmy winked at me and Val  threw her apple at him. "Hey!"

I just rubbed my eye and continued to stare at the grass. Everyone continued their small talk and I only

looked up when I heard Brian's loud laughter.

He was with Stephanie, the captain of the cheer leading team. She was being really obvious about her

flirting and Brian was flirting right back. I frowned just as he looked over in my direction. I looked down right  away and realized he looked over purposely to see if I was watching. "Douchebag." I looked at Sarah for a  second before I returned my gaze to the grass. "He is and you know it." I just tucked my blonde hair behind my  ear as a response. Yes, my hair is blonde again.

"I think I'm gonna go home…" Senior's have the option of leaving during their lunch time here.

"You want me to drive you home Kit?" I cringed at the nickname and Matt spoke again. "Uh, sorry."

Everyone's been trying to get in the habit of calling me Kate since Brian called me about five different names,  one of them being Kit.

I nodded and he kissed Val quickly before he stood up and guided me to his car. "Kid, I'm sorry that he

won't talk to you, but we really don't like seeing you like this." I didn't say anything as I got into the passenger seat. "It's been how many months? We really just want to see you happy again." I swallowed back some tears and nodded. "You want me to stay and watch some movies with you or something?" I nodded and Matt started the car.

*****

"So are you going to Amy's senior party next Saturday?"

"I don't know…"

"Come on!!! It might help you." I looked up at Matt and he gave me an encouraging smile. I pressed my

face into his chest and thought about it. "Maybe." Matt hugged me closer and started playing with my hair  again.

We were sitting on my couch and I was leaning on him. "This movie is boring."

"I know." Matt turned off the TV and dragged me out to the backyard. "Strip." Matt pulled his shirt over

his head and I just waited, not sure what was going on. "Come on! Strip!"

"Why?"

"You're going skinny dipping with me." Matt started undoing his belt and I grabbed his hands to stop

him.

"No, I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"No, I'm not." He glared at me. "Would you like to know why?" He glared at me more and I took that as

his yes. "One, you have a girlfriend." He waved that off because Val knew he and I would never go there.  "Two, it's the middle of the day, people are out and about." He opened his mouth to protest, but I continued.  "And three, Shawn and Nicole can get back at any minute and I'm not going through that awkwardness."