VIII.

Blanche
"Kiyah figure out what's more important to you saving the world or the fantasy world you're making for yourself."

I leave the girls on the balcony and return to my secret chamber. I clutch the side of the table until my knuckles turn white.

Kiyah
I toss and turn while what my grandmother said earlier replays in my head. When I can no longer take it I walk into Jade's room.

"Hey."

She sits up and leans back on her elbows.

"You remember what we heard a few months ago when grandpa helped us recall our earliest memories."

"Yeah."

"This tales begins with a friendship anew."

"While the witches were stirring their brew."

"Two girls were born."

"Their heritage filled with scorn."

"Together they will sew the ripping world at its seams."

"Due to one race trying to get ahead with their schemes."

"The mortals remain in the dark with their aspirations and dreams."

"The supernatural world will not stay the same."

"The old law aflame."

"A new law will be in place."

"The old traditions will not be erased."

'I know I've been quiet lately Kiyah but this is your destiny since before you were born. You can't run away from destiny because it has a way of happening whether you want it to or not.'

I leave out of Jade's room and sleep finally takes me into a pleasant dreamscape. When I wake up and check the mail I see a letter from the college I applied for. I open it with trembling fingers and found out I got accepted in. I jump for joy and run into Jade.

"I got in!!!"

"I'm so happy for you!!"

We hug and jump until we finally go into the house.

"I'll go to the witch's convention after my college tour."

"Good it doesn't start for a while but I want you back at the house at 5:45pm sharp."

"Okay bye."

Jade
While Kiyah is gone I basically spend the majority of my day in my room listening to music and painting on my canvas. I end up painting a crystal ball with a clock behind it. While I'm placing my finishing touches on it Kiyah bursts into my room.

"Could've knocked."

"Yeah yeah could've, should've, would've but didn't. I could hear you painting from a few miles away.

"I could smell you just as far."

"So this is nice but where did the inspiration come from?"

"I've had the same reoccurring dream for the past three days and maybe if I paint it then I'll stop having it."

"Do you remember any other parts of it?"

"No by the time I wake up it's like this image is burned into my mind like I'm meant to remember it."

"Do you think that maybe grandpa can retrieve it for you?"

"Maybe."

We both go into the den and grandpa is kicked back with his newspaper.

"Do you think you can retrieve a dream for me? I've been having the same dream for three days."

"Sit next to me my dear, close your eyes, and I'll take a look."

Kiyah
The exact moment Grandpa's fingertips come in contact with Jade's temples he lets out a pain filled groan. Jade immediately opens her eyes to see him rubbing his hands.

"Are you alright?"

Smoke rises from his hands.

"Yeah I'll be fine."

"Well what happened?"

"Well it seems as though there are barriers preventing me from searching your mind."

Grandma walks in and tells us to follow her into the attic.

"Alright here both of you drink up."

"What is this? It smells horrible and it taste disgusting."

"Drink it I'd hate to take over your freewill and make you drink it anyway."

I cast a quick glance over at Jade and hold my breath as the liquid touches my tongue. After I finish the bottle, I wipe my lips with the back of my hand. As much as I would love for it to come back up it's stays settled in my stomach.

Jade
"So you gonna tell us what that was or not?"

"If you must know it was a concoction I made last night in order to conceal your non witch side. Kiyah you'll be able to hear Kaleah she'll just be a whisper. Jade you won't be able to use your fangs among other abilities both of you possess. Be on your best behavior and do not draw attention to yourselves. Anymore questions? Let's go."

Before we can ask anymore questions we open our eyes to reveal another building in front of us.

"I blinked us here. Come on girls."

Once my feet walk through the door I'm instantly hit with deja vu from this place.

"Alright I'm going in here so both of you stay out of trouble."

She doesn't wait for a reply she just enters the convention and the doors close behind her.

"I guess it's just us."

I turn around only to see Kiyah heading down the hall in the opposite direction. When I catch up to her she's sitting on the ledge of a bay window. That's when a memory of us at elementary age comes into focus. We use to come here with grandma all the time. I'm curious as to why we stopped and why now does she chose to bring us?

Kiyah
"What's on your heart?"

"I'm excited to go to college, but I don't know if it's the right move considering everything that's going on. I don't want to disappoint any of you, but especially grandma. She's put so much time, energy, and effort into raising us."

"If going to college will fulfill your dreams and give you a shot at a normal life then take it."

I start tearing up at her kind words and nod.

"I'm just going to walk around a bit."

Jade nods and wraps me into a hug.

I walk around a few times and decide to head back to my favorite room.