L. 🌟

When the fathers enter in the girls' room. Kiyah is no longer crying and is just staring off in deep thought.

"Kiyah."

She doesn't move and continues to stare off. Keanu lightly taps her shoulder and she blinks a few times.

"Girls we want to know if there is anyway possible that any piece of the dark mistress got left behind."

"Yeah here." Kiyah shows Zayne the compact mirror.

"We trapped her in the mirror." Jade clarifies.

"Morally we couldn't bring ourselves to kill her. Killing is pointless and it creates a never ending cycle." Kiyah adds on.

"Would you feel the same if I tell you she's the reason your mothers are in a vegetative state?" Jaime inquires.

The girls become speechless and their jaws slack.

"What?" Jade manages to say.

"We have strong reason to believe it's her and all roads lead in her direction. We are trying to wait until your mothers regain consciousness before we interrogate them."

'So speculation nothing concrete.' Kiyah thinks to herself.

Blaming everything on the dark mistress seems a little too easy to wrap up this case. Just the thought makes Kiyah's stomach turn. Kiyah slides the mirror back into her pocket and sits up in her bed.

Kiyah
'Kiyah what do you think you're doing?' Keanu mindlinks.

'Keanu I can't just sit around while someone takes the fall for something they didn't do.' Kiyah responds back.

'I'll help. I can't have you out here by yourself especially not in the state you're in.'

"Baby girl you need your rest."

"Dad I'll be fine. I need to check a few things."

My dad side eyes me and reluctantly watches Keanu help me out of the bed.

"Look after my daughter. If she has even an eyelash missing I'm going to have your hide for it."

"Yes sir." Keanu says before giving my dad a nod and helping me in a wheelchair.

Once he rolls me out of ear shot he says, "Well isn't he pleasant company."

I hold back a laugh and we almost run my grandma over in the hallway.

"Kiyah what are you doing outside of your room?"

"I was looking for you."

"Nice try."

"No seriously."

"Kiki I use to change your diapers. I can smell your bullshit from anywhere."

"What can you tell me about our moms?"

"The were enchanted with magic."

"What kind?"

"Light magic." Blanche says as it dawns on her.

"Doesn't that mean it rules out the dark mistress?"

"Some what she could have easily manipulated someone else into doing it."

"Wouldn't that leave tiny traces of dark magic?"

"You're right. If she didn't do it...then who?"

"Who indeed."

"I need you to stop watching your grandfathers detective shows." She says with a slight chuckle.

"Can you show us where my mom's room is?"

Grandma leads us into the room and that's when I see one of the pack doctors trying to insert something inside of my mother's IV. Without a thought or hesitation I pin them to the wall with my magic. Keanu catches the bottle that slipped from the doctors hand.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING?" I yell.

"What needs to be done. No loose ends." The doctors replies.

"Who sent you." My grandma intervenes.

I feel Kaleah on the verge of shifting into her form.

"Keanu go find my grandpa." I say.

"He's in the room four doors down to the right." Grandma instructs.

Once he leaves I rise out of wheelchair and begin to form my left hand into a fist. The doctor begins to choke and the sounds begin to soothe my anger.

"Kiyah. Kiyah!"

I snap back out of my trance and open my hand again. The doctor gasps for air and looks down at me.

"Sorry."

Keanu enters the room with my grandpa and I lower the doctor in front of him.

"Grandpa do you think that you could read his mind?"

"Yes I can." Grandpa says as he lays his fingertips on the doctor's temples.

"Wait if you go into my mind you'll kill me! Don't probe around in there. I'll tell you what you want to know."

"What were you doing to my mom?" I ask.

"I was ordered to put this elixir in her IV to ensure she as well as Jewel will remained trapped in the spiritual realm. The scales must remain balanced."

"Who sent you?" Grandma asks again.

"It's someone far more powerful than the dark mistress I dare not speak their name. The moment their name leaves my lips I will surely feel death's grip upon me."

"Try writing it." Keanu offers while handing a pencil and piece of paper.

"Once I write it be wary of speaking their name. Words hold far more power than one truly realizes until it is too late."

The doctor scribbles the name onto the paper and my grandparents gasp.

"I thought that was just a mere legend from when I was a boy." Grandpa says.

"This is as real as all of us. Believe it." The doctor says.

"Are you even a doctor?" I mumble under my breath.

"I'm anything I'm needed to be." The doctor says.

"The dark mistress..."

"Played her small role and is no longer of any use."

A distinct bell sound tickles my tympanic membrane.

"Farewell the master is calling."

The doctor disappears from our sight without a trace. Keanu places the elixir into my hand and I examine it with my eyes.

"Is there anyway we can possibly get this deconstructed and find out the properties of each ingredient in this?" I ask.

"It'll be difficult but not impossible." Grandma says.

I place it in her hands and walk out of the room. I need some fresh air and exit the building.

"Kiy Kiy." Keanu calls out.

I sit under a tree and he sits beside me.

"I'm about to accomplish great things and embrace my future. It feels great and I guess I won't have time for college. It'll be fine because my life is about to get more challenging..." Keanu cuts me off mid sentence with a kiss.