Homecoming

Stone lunged at Jamie, who easily dodged him. Shouting some sort of battle cry, Stone recovered and attempted a second lunge. Jamie grabbed him, flinging him against the wall with ease.

Stone laughed, "She will make a nice slave for whoever we choose to sell her to!"

Regaining his balance, he pulled out a pocket knife and opened it. I gasped in fear for Jamie, even though I knew it wasn't too dangerous. Jamie took a step back, planning his next move more carefully. Laughing again, Stone lifted the little knife up and slashed it around violently, slowly getting closer to him.

As Jamie avoided the swings, there were sudden clashes from upstairs. This caused Stone to slow down, giving Jamie the chance to grab the arm holding the knife. They both struggled for control of it as the clashes became thunderous. Looking to the stairs, I saw a wolf sprint down, leaving a trail of blood behind it. Easily recognizing her, I whimpered, hoping the blood wasn't hers.

Samantha pounced on the fighting men, knocking them both over with a thud. Jamie glared at her, picking up his hat that had fallen while Stone screamed, scooting to the wall. I watched as the snarling wolf stepped closer to the now trembling man.

"Good doggy..." He slowly raised his hand, "Please, I won't hurt you..."

I could see she wanted badly to pounce, but she turned to me. Being careful not to bite me, she used her teeth to snap the restraints holding me down. I pulled the tape off my mouth while Jamie gave one final punch to Stone's cheek, knocking him out.

He ran over to me and wrapped me in a hug, "Are you alright?"

I suddenly realized I was crying as I returned the hug, "I thought I'd never see you guys again."

Samantha nudged her snout in my arm, giving a small whimper. I removed an arm from Jamie's back to pet her. She then shifted to human form and awkwardly tried to hide her nakedness, causing me to laugh between sniffles.

"I'd really love to join in this moment." She said, "But could someone be a dear and fetch my clothes?"

Jamie pulled away from me, giving a barely noticeable eye roll as he headed upstairs. I then remembered the blood that had soaked Samantha's fur. I looked to see it trailing down the back of her leg.

"What happened, Samantha?" I worriedly asked, wiping the final tears from my eyes.

She looked at the red streak, "One of their bullets grazed the skin."

"You need to see a doctor!" I squeaked.

"Are you kidding?" She chuckled, "This will be healed within a few days."

I grunted, knowing she was right. Werewolves healed much faster than humans, and were far less likely to get an infection. I was just scared she'd lose too much blood.

"Where is that fox?" She muttered, "I feel so exposed!"

I looked down, remembering my torn shirt. It had been ripped about halfway, and didn't look wearable in public anymore. Just then, a pile of clothes landed on Samantha's head. I chuckled, looking to Jamie's tall figure in the doorway.

"You're lucky you're hot!" Samantha muttered, quickly getting dressed, "Let's get out of here."

Standing up, I pulled my shirt together and tried to find a good way to play it off.

"Here Jade, use this." I looked up to see Jamie pulling his shirt over his head.

I stared at his muscular body as he put the hat back on. He stepped closer to me to hand me his shirt. Slowly taking it, I had to shake my head to snap myself out of staring.