Chapter 8 The Culprit

-Hayato's P.O.V.-

I gritted my teeth at the news I just received. She was gone..They took the queen and the sand village shinobi's friend, but now they've taken Janina. If she is harmed in ANYWAY I swear whoever is doing this will have their blood on my hands.

"Now Janina is gone?! She is our BEST shinobi! I thought you people were supposed to get our queen back! Not let our fire power run on empty!" The king lectured the sand shinobi.

"Your highness, if I may, all we have to do is check the cameras to see where she went and what happened. We will find the culprit." Calienia reasoned and the king sighed.

"Well what are you waiting for? Hurry up!"

I could tell the mysterious red headed girl was trying to hold back. She seemed frustrated and angered but she stayed incredibly calm. We all went around the castle and grabbed the video cameras then came back to the living room. One camera at a time we looked through until we found a few with Janina on them.

She was asleep in the new room that was discovered by her and Calienia. Suddenly her eyes opened wide but her face was calm. She got up from the chair she was in and headed out of the room. She walked down many halls until finally she was on the roof with the crystal. What happened next blew our minds...She disappeared..

"Sh-She..disappeared.." Calienia stuttered.

"How is that possible?? Is that what happened to Anna?!" Tiger face aka Kankuro panicked.

I ran out of the room as fast as I could and up to the crystal. I don't know but maybe possibly it had to do something with the crystal. If I started there then maybe I could free Janina before the castle crumbles. Time as running out!

"Hayato! Wait!" I heard Calienia call after me along with the sound of her feet hitting the castle ground.

-Janina's P.O.V.-

I woke up but my eyes were still closed. My eye lids felt heavy but I somehow managed to get them open. I couldn't believe my eyes at the scene before me. I was looking at Anna and the queen!

"Are you alright Janina?" The queen asked me and I sat up quickly.

"Queen Clarabelle!" (finally gave her a name other than queen XD) I yelled then held my head in pain.

"Easy now, your chakra is being restrained. There's a spell on this place that makes people who aren't used to it in pain." Anna said and I nodded.

"Queen Clarabelle, what's going on? Where are we? OH! And the castle will crumble in just TWO days! We need to get back immediately!" I warned and the queen nodded.

"My dear, we have never left."

"What?"

"We're inside of the crystal. A spell was placed on us to make us sleep walk and come here."

"But ho would do such a thing?"

"The one who wants power over the hidden cloud village, my brother, king Aragon." (He has a name to! lol)

My eyes widened. Of all people, why the king? Why does king Aragon want power over the hidden cloud? My eyes got serious and I waited to hear of more.

"As you know, my power comes from this crystal, but, I also have my own power, power to heal the crystal. I've grown old and my power to heal the crystal is no more. So I must await the day for my power to awaken in someone else. My brother didn't understand that. Aragon wanted me to give him the power, so we can lead our ninja to the hidden cloud and reclaim our home. I tried convincing him we abandoned home but he simply would not listen to reason. Aragon grew furious and stormed out of the room. I thought he would bounce back like normal but.."

"But he didn't and now he wants to wait until the castle crumbles to convince the castle ninja our only hope is to claim a new home among the cloud." I finished, narrowing my eyes and the queen nodded.

"Precisely."

"But that's not all, you people don't know how big the five great nations have grown over the years. Aragon would be leading the remaining cloud ninja to their death." Anna said and I stood up.

"We have to stop him, who will your power reawaken in your highness?"

"Your mother had high hopes for you Janina, even I know that, you were meant for the path of a leader."

"M-Me?"

"Yes..You."

I sighed trying to take it all in at once and was able to calm down.

"Alright..what do I have to do?"

"You must take hold of the crystal staff, disguised as my sceptre."

"But to do that we have to get out of the crystal first." I said and the queen nodded.

"Only the one with the password outside the crystal may free us."

'That's just great....We're sitting ducks..'

***************************************************************************

Don't worry about the shortness, ima try and finish this story today! Only 2 more chapters left!