All Of This

Please Take Me Home

-

Chapter Twenty-Seven

-

All Of This

Luke had imagined waking up next to someone would be a nice and intimate experience. He had imagined that the warmth and heat the radiated from the other person would seep into his own warmth and Luke had always like the idea of snuggling with another person. He had neither of this, though, when he woke up, Luke found that the spot next to him was empty and cold, like the person who had been there had left a long time ago.

Getting up, Luke noted that his mum should be home and once he noted the noise coming from the kitchen, Luke was able to say that his assumption was correct. 

The grogginess of waking up was current and Luke could feel how stale his mouth was. What he was wearing was uncomfortable and didn't sit right on his body.

Luke knew Michael was gone. Luke knew Michael had run off on him while he was sleeping. Like he had said before, Luke knew he should be angry when Michael did these sorts of things, but the infuriating part is that Luke wasn't angry at him. (The sad part was though that Luke didn't think that Michael would pull through the end with him.)

Not even noticing that Michael left a belonging in his room, Luke rubbed the sleep out of his eyes and made his way to the kitchen where his mum was.

“What time is it?” Luke said around a yawn, not bothering to cover his mouth.

Liz looked up at the clock that was placed on the wall, opposite to where Luke was standing, and rolling her eyes, she answered. “Around eight. You must have been really tired, you're still in your uniform.” Liz said and pointed to Luke’s school shirt which was twisted and wrinkled.

“Um, yeah. I was.” Luke said, trying not to picture what happened to make him so tired.

Luke yawned yet again and then left the kitchen to go and sit in the main living room. He went and laid on the couch, brining his knees up to his chest, ready to fall asleep until his mum kept him from his slumber.

“Do you have any washing you want me to do?”

He only grumbled and said something incoherent. 

Sighing, Liz let Luke be and she went into his room, collecting bits of laundry off the ground and various bits of furniture.

While not really taking much care, Liz yanked an old ratty looking hoodie off Luke’s desk chair and inspected it. That was defiantly not Luke’s. Curiosity taking the better of her, Liz couldn't help but look inside, and as soon as she did, Liz wished he hadn’t.

***