Chapter 10

Chapter 10 - He Was A Perfect Stranger 

Roger, as well as several others, walked the cold streets of London and ash. But unlike the others, he had in mind was not to return home after another hard day's work, but something else entirely. Although still feel a huge distaste for Syd, he was determined to help him. Though I can not give the help he wanted, Roger always thought about a way to help him. Alice also entered the same. Although he felt a little disgust her he still loved her unconditionally and that was what mattered to him at that time.

The contrast of the red rose in her white hands and his dark clothing was something charming. He held the flower without their hands with all the kindness he had left in his heart. He looked sadly at the red rose, the tears almost started to sprout from his eyes, but he stopped in any event the act.

- My sweet lady, will you just like this simple flower? - He whispered to himself.

He stopped in front of the house in which he is absent for some time. He looked to the side, the large windows were open, and one, a woman with long dark hair that he affectionately called "My Sweet Lady". Roger climbed some stairs and approach the door. He looked indecisive for the bell and he was not sure if I should do what really cockfight in mind.

Roger rang the bell and waited quietly.

- Just a second. - He heard Alice say.

- Who is ? - I asked. But Alice did not reply.

I walked up to her. Alice stood in the doorway. - Alice? - I asked softly as I approached her.

- Roger. - She whispered.

She was holding a red rose in hands. I began to feel something inside me, as if something was burning me inside to see her reaction. I felt my blood boil with jealousy.

- How do you know it was Roger who left this here? - I asked annoyed.

- I know. - She said quietly as she admired the rose. - He always gave me red roses.

- That's why this house is impregnated with the smell of his roses. - I whispered softly to myself. She looked at me with a frown.

- The smell of roses are the best part. - She replied. - Do not be stupid, only roses.

- I was pretending that's it. - I went out walking out.

- Where are you going? - She asked. I stopped.

- Cool the head because I did not want to fight with you today. - I replied annoyed, she stood blankly looked at me.

- When I weighed it, I figured it would be amazing. - She lamented. - But now I find I actually was not as good as I imagined.

Alice stared at me for a few seconds and then went into the house without saying another word. She was talking about me? I was standing there like an idiot. I turned to walk away and I saw a very familiar face hiding from everyone.

- What the hell are you doing? - I screamed. Roger got scared.

- Nothing. I just... - He looked at the floor. - I spent here...

- To leave a flower that would be the reason for an argument? - I interrupted him. - Why do you keep torturing yourself like that? Why do you keep torturing yourself with her? - I asked incredulously.

- Because I love her. - He answered convinced. - And you? What are you doing here yelling at me?

- I think you need to talk to someone, no? - I smiled. - For I am that someone.