Chapter 3

Chapter 3 - Trahison Dans L'Ombre de la Journée

– Where did you get all these bruises? – I asked quietly. He did not answer. I kept doing the bandages on his face. There were several scratches and stains rocks.

– I told to you, I tried to get more acid, and...

– Continue...?

– Ah, forget it. – He bowed his head. – I do not want you to be worried.

– Now I'm even more worried – I said. – If you do not mind...

– No, I do not care. – He said softly. – And Roger, you love him?

– You can hypnotize me, but I will not answer. – I replied. – So you want to know?

– Just want to be sure of something. – He gave a slight chuckle. – But it seems that my powers of manipulation no longer works as before.

I looked at him. I knew where this was going. – Sure of what?

– Sure... – He paused for a few seconds and cleared his throat. He stared at me as if to look for the answer in my eyes. – Make certain that you forgot me, I'm just an ordinary man in your life.

– Do not worry, it will never happen. – I replied.

– So say you still love me. Say you want me always near you. – He grabbed my hand.

– Yeah, Alice! Says who you love. – Roger entering the room.

– Why do you even try? You know she loves me and...

– No matter what I do. – Roger interrupted Syd. – What matters is that she is about my possession now. You is not nothing between us, no matter how hard you try, it's mine and always will be mine.

– I'm not of anyone. – I yelled, they stood looking at me. – I'm not an object that you can play around, I'm not the owner because I am no street dog, if you, Roger want to own one, go back to your old girlfriends, you can buy them.

I did not know how to go about it. I had the truth on the tip of my tongue, but it seemed that every time I thought about talking, it fled to the back of my throat and hid there. I got up from the chair and walked out into the room, I could hide there. I locked the door and sat beside the dresser. It did not take long for me to hear the doorknob moving desperately.

– Alice! – Roger begged. – I did not mean it. Look, Syd's gone, we can not be at peace? It would be good as before?

I said nothing.

– Okay. – He said. – I'll be waiting anxiously for you to open the door and rush out to hug me.

– Alice. – Syd said softly as he tried coming through the window. – You need to stop it, I'm too old to be climbing windows.

– Sorry. – I said getting up to help him.

He passed with great difficulty, despite the window without very wide. The first thing he did to put your feet on the ground, was kindly pick up my face between his hands and kissed me lightly on the lips.

– I wanted to say something. – He said softly. – This is to you and to me. 

– Go away. – I replied.

– I wanted to say that I do not want you for you and not for me. Not for me and not for us together. – He whispered. – I do not want you because blood and instincts make me want you. I want you because you're not mine, because you are alone on the other side, because the deeper you're not my possession. I can not find you on any other person, absolutely nothing. I want you more than I want to live. I love you in deep and nothing will make me change it. Even though I suffer every day of the year, I'll think of you until the rest of my existence.