Ch 8: His Assistant

*hey guys I've been taking some summer courses and sadly with all the assignments and essay sadly I haven't been able to write/type as much as I would like T-T so I'm sorry for the super long wait for this update*

"It's been more than a week already and she hasn't come in I told you to convince her to say yes" I pace back and forth in front of Eliot's desk. "Calm down Ryan you can't force her. I mean you didn't make a great first impression on her, plus I know what I'm doing so sit down already" the phone suddenly starts ringing Ian reaches over and presses the speaker button. "I'm sorry for bothering you sir but I have a Scarlet Daniels asking for you" with a smug look on his face he turns towards me "great please send her up" he hangs up the phone "see I told you" feeling a bit uneasy I walk to the door "I'll see you in a bit then" walking through the door I let it close behind me. Walking out I notice Ms.Davis jump out her chair stopping me in my tracks "have a great day Mr.Hawthorne" I see her cheeks flush as she meets my eyes she quickly glances down. Without a word or even a second glance, I walk towards the elevator. Once the doors open I step inside and press the button to my office.

*Scarlet POV*

After a few minutes, the young blonde woman at the front desk hangs up the phone "Right this way Ms.Daniels" she quickly stands up and walks over to the elevator I follow behind her the elevator door opens. She motions for me to walk in the elevator I see my reflection on the cold steel walls. God, I'm such a mess right not I try to fix myself tucking a few stray strands behind my ears I somehow make it look a little bit better. At hearing the ding my attention is back at the doors. Glancing up I see were on the 38th floor she turns to me smiling "please follow me" she walks through a long corridor we reach an opening where I see Ms.Davis sitting behind a desk the blonde walks up to her "Good afternoon Ms.Davis, this is Ms.Daniels Mr.Ried is expecting her" she turns to look at me with a big smile on her face "Thank you, Sophia, you can go back to reception now" the blonde who I now know is named Sophia with a smile she turns on her heels and leaves back the way we came. Ms.Davis gets up and walks around her desk "here this way Ms.Daniels, Mr.Reid is waiting for you" she guides me towards two big doors. She pushes the door open and urges me to walk in. With the door closed I bring my attention back to him sitting behind his desk "good afternoon Mr.Reid" I say walking further into his office.

"Good afternoon Scarlet, please Ian is just fine, take a seat" he motions towards the chair in front of his desk I walk and sit in the chair. "All right then Ian, I've been thinking about your offer and I've decided its a good opportunity and I accept" he clasps his hands together smiling "great I'm very happy you decided to take the job" for a split second I think I see a mischievous glint in his eyes. "Well have you start tomorrow we'll go over what your job is and all that good stuff" he stands up from his chair "here let me walk you out" we walk out together and take the elevator down Ian seems really nice we talked the whole way down. He walked with me all the way to the main entrance "'ill see meet with you here tomorrow morning at 7 am sharp" with a smile he waves goodbye and I head back home.

*Ian POV*

The doors close behind her and I watch walk away I turn around smiling and lean over the desk. "Sophia" at hearing her name her cheeks turn crimson. She looks up "Yes Mr.Ried" how cute "Make sure to get Ms.Scarlets ID card ready she is Mr.Hawthorne's new personal assistant I'll email her photo so make sure it gets done by the end of the day today." I wink at her and she blushes once again "right away sir". I turn around and wave as I walk back to the elevators. Inside I can't help but smirk. How fun can't wait. *chuckle*