Ch 6: Mr.Ryan Hawthorne

**hey guys I'm sorry about the super late update it was a hectic week  I'll make sure to update on the right days. thank you for supporting my story.**

I splash water on my face I'm inside the office bathrooms Ms.Davis bought me a black high waisted pencil skirt with a grey long sleeve off shoulder shirt. He even had her get me black heels with straps that wrap around past my ankle. I'm nervous what did I get myself into. Taking a paper towel I dry my face and fix my makeup I go for a simple smokey eye look with a sepia brown mate lipstick. I hear a clicking of heels coming in I turn towards the sound "Ms.Daniels are you ready" putting my things back into my purse I smile "ready as I'll ever be" she smiles politely "good please follow me" we walk out past the cubicles we get on the elevators she presses the 39th-floor button and up we go. I feel nervous this is an important meeting for them I can't mess it up. I close my eyes trying to calm myself down. Hearing the ding of the elevator my eyes open I follow her out she takes me towards Mr.Reid. he smiles when he notices us walking his way "Thank you so much, I promise it won't be too difficult I just need you to translate that's all" he shakes my hand. "For now when they arrive you just have to greet them and well guide them to the meeting room" he points to the second door to left I nod.

Not even a second later we hear the elevator ding four men walk out one wearing dark glasses I see the outline of a gun must be the bodyguard. Smiling I greet the men "Buon pomeriggio, mi chiamo Ms.Daniels, tradurrò per te oggi e questo è Mr.Reid" The young handsome man in the middle speaks up "Sono il vicepresidente Vitale Enterprise, mi chiamo Alessandro Vitale, è un piacere conoscerla, signorina Daniels," grabbing my hand he brings it to his lips placing a soft kiss letting go he turns to Mr.Reid "and Mr.Reid thank you for having us, sorry for troubling you for an interpreter and a beautiful one at that, my men don't understand English well" he winks at me. "Its no problem at all its an important deal we wouldn't want something to go wrong" they smile at each other. I grab their attention "ora se voi signori poteste seguirci in questo modo, per favore"  (translation in comments)

I guide them towards the meeting room Mr.Reid showed me earlier. Walking there's a big oval mahogany table ten leather chairs placed around it. You can see the beautiful cityscape from the floor to ceiling windows. they all take a seat Mr.Reid motions for me to sit on his right "Mr.Vitale Mr.Hawthorne will be with us shortly would you like some coffee? while we wait" Mr.Vitale smiles "no problem, and yes" pressing a button on the table Ms.Davis walks in holding a tray she places coffee cups in front of everyone. As she is about to walk out the door she almost bumps into someone. Her cheeks turn crimson, "sorry" she squeaks and moves aside quickly the young man walks in. I glance up to take a better look I swallow when I see his face he's attractive, very attractive. He's a tall well built young man dressed in a gray suit, white shirt, and a charcoal gray tie with dark raven-colored hair, deep blue eyes. There this intensity to him the only way I can explain it is he commands your attention as soon as he walks into the room. His deep blue eyes meet mine for a split second I sense irritation in his eyes quickly disappearing as he turns to look at Mr.Reid. I must have imagined it, get ahold of yourself! The men stand up and I follow suit as he walks towards the other businessmen he goes to shake hands with them "I apologize for the wait I'm Ryan Hawthorne please sit" my heart tightens on hearing his voice...it sounds vaguely familiar?! I wave the thought away from my mind I bring my attention back to the meeting. He walks over to sit next to Mr.Reid "what happened to Ms.Brown?" leaning closer to him he whispers shrewdly "we had to find a temporary replacement I'll explain later" Mr.Reid smiles at him sitting back up we start the meeting.

About an hour or so later we finish with negotiation luckily everything goes smoothly. We all head towards the elevator the men all say their goodbyes. Mr.Vitale walks my way "signorina Daniels, would you do me the honor of having dinner with me tonight?" my eyes widen in surprise "I..." before I could refuse his invitation I'm caught off "Mr.Vitale we would like to invite you out for a drink tonight to celebrate our new project" we're both surprised by the sudden appearance of Mr.Hawthorne "Yes, of course, I'll see you later tonight then" with annoyance in his eyes he turns back to me he grabs my hand kissing it again "che delusione lasceremo quella cena per un'altra volta, allora bambina" I smile without a word. All three of us watch the elevator doors close "Ian in my office" he walks toward the elevator on the right the doors open "I'll be right up" without looking at him he waves his hand dismissively at him as the elevator doors close "Thanks for helping us out Scarlet" he says turning around "it was nothing...um about these clothes how much was it I'll pay for them" I go to pull my wallet out placing his hand mine he stops me "that's alright don't worry about it" seeing my troubled expression he adds "take it as a thank you for helping us out. Oh, and I talked to your boss he agreed you could head home after finishing here, now go and rest" he smiles and pushes me into the elevator pressing the button for the lobby he waves goodbye.

*Ryan's POV*

I hear the doors open leaning on my desk I stare out the window. He walks in laughing "I can't believe you actually invited him out for drinks later" he wipes away his tears "damn it Ian you know I don't like inviting our clients out for drinks" he laughs louder "and to think you only did that so he wouldn't go out with her" I walk around towards the front of my desk leaning on it, pissed off I stare at him "speaking of which what were you thinking why would you bring her here!" I snap "don't tell me you weren't happy seeing her up close" raising my eyebrows he shrugs a mischievous smile on his lips "come on its been two years since you've seen her. Besides Ms.brown was nowhere to be found I was at her workplace and she offered to help. We needed someone ASAP and it didn't hurt it was your precious girl" I turn away "I mean come on Ryan you have people watching her all the time when were you actually going to man up and talk to her" he says with a hint of sadness "she's engaged Ian" I loosen my tie "And? you can steal her away, it's only an engagement its not set in stone yet. We both know damn well she doesn't love the guy! He's an asshole he tried to rape her for god sakes!" I grip the edge of my desk tightly turning my knuckles white "shut up" I say through clenched teeth "If you don't do anything someones going to steal her away from you, shes a beautiful girl. You saw how the Italian was eyeing her" a deep sigh escapes my lips "fire Ms.brown" I walk back around the desk sitting in my chair "and offer Scarlet a job as my personal assistant and make sure she says yes" he smiles mischievously "you got it boss" he stands up and leaves "......Scarlet if only you would remember how we met that day long ago"