Chapter 63

Jade's POV

The cold water hits my skin, immediately draining all of the heat from my body. I keep my eyes closed, the pitch black of the water refreshing.

The ringing in my ears slowly subsides, my body taken over by the complete silence. I move my arms in stories so I go deeper, the air in my lungs running out.

I wonder what would happen if I just stayed down here.

Would Leo come and get me, or would I just slowly sink to the bottom? Completely forgotten by everyone.

Would anyone care?

My lungs get tight and I kick my legs, trying to reach the surface. I break the surface and take a deep breath in, the cold air fills my lungs.

I run my hands through my hair and over my eyes, I notice Leo standing on the edge of the dock still.

"I thought you weren't coming up." He jokes, taking a seat on the wood, hanging his long legs over the edge.

"Almost." I whisper closing my eyes, dragging my body so I lay upwards on the water.

The pitch black sky sparkling, as I circle my hands through the cold water causing ripples. I push my stomach up so it's flat against the water, the current trying to pull me under once again.

I kick my legs down so I'm now treading water, Leo watches me as he sits with his back propped up against the wooden beam of the dock.

He runs his hands through his hair, the milky light form the pale moon casts a ray on his face. Causing his taunt jaw look sharper, his features look darker, his eyes brighter.

I get a shiver down my spine, the water seems to get freezing.

I swim over to the docks edge and reach my arm up for Leo to help me up. He looks down at me and reads my mind, grabbing onto my upper arm, he swiftly pulls me out from the water.

With his help I pull my upper body onto the dock and then climb my legs up. I sit back resting a giant the opposite post.

The night's breeze makes me shiver, the harsh air burning on my wet skin. Leo looks over at me, a hint of worry in his eyes and removes his hoodie.

He takes it over his head in one swift motion and holds out to me without hesitation.

Our eye meet, my lips turn up into a small smile as I take it from him. "Thanks." I whisper and he looks away.

I put my arms in to it and pull it over my head, pulling the hood down in one motion. The warmth of it immediate hits me as well as his dark cologne.

I pull my hair out from inside the material and pull the clothing down. Trying to make it cover more of my skin, but it only reaches to my upper thighs.

I catch Leo staring at my half naked body, dressed in only his black hoodie and get self conscious.

I bite down on my lip trying to calm my heart beat and lean my head back on the wooden post.

I feel as he keeps his eyes on me, tracing up and down my legs. They flick up to meet mine, he sees that I've caught him staring. He clears his throat and looks away.

I wrap my arms around me allowing his scent and warmth engulf me.

I just want to forget today.

Apart from this part, that is. I study Leo's face in the dark sky, taking in his sharp jawline, his dark features.

His pink lips that curl up into the cocky smirk I've groan familiar to. The clear skin that has faint marks where he's been punched, almost disappearing now.