Chapter 13

The girls go on talking about Leo, as I drift to sleep, my mind needing to clear itself of vodka and a certain green-eyed boy.

About an hour and three bottles of water later, a knock comes from the door. Alison opens it to reveal a stylish dressed Eli.

He's now wearing camouflage tracksuit bottoms and a black shirt, with a blue jean jacket over the top. I'm sure that boy changes his clothes every chance he gets.

He steps past Ali without invitation and starts frantically saying, "Come on, we're gonna go sit around the campfire, hurry up!" He urgently hurries around the room, motioning for us to get ready.

I roll my eyes as he grabs me by the arm and drags me out of my bed, pushing me to put on my shoes and running his finger through my slightly tangled hair.

I swat him off but he doesn't stop fussing, leading me out of the door without any belongings other than myself. I hear Naomi and Alison's footsteps behind me as they follow us out, Alison locking the door behind her. I'm dragged into a chain of arms with the others, everyone laughing as Naomi frantically applies more lipgloss.

Alison steps out ahead and goes to knock on the cabin's door next to us, cabin number 6, where the boys are staying. Will appears in the woofers doorframe followed by Jax, both boys jogging down the steps and joining the group.

The dark haired boy is last out of the door, his eyes downcast on his phone, as he takes the steps slowly but unbothered, trailing along behind the rest of my friends.

We follow the gravelled path way down away from the row of cabins we stay in, passing a few groups of already drunken teens giggling, or huddled in small circles on the grass near the benches as they try to light a blunt.

The moon shines a milky light over the ground, making it clearer for us to see where we're going, towards the lake, just past the dining hall. The warm summer air is still, apart from the faintest breeze that carries the smell of roasting campfires in our direction.

Once we get to the bank of the lake, we turn left, heading down a small, uneven, hard mud path, that trails alongside the edge of the lake. The brothers are in front, Alison holding onto the bottom of Jax's shirt as to not loose her footing on the narrow pathway.

Naomi behind her, her arms out as she tries to steady herself, being in five inch platform shoes, doesn't exactly help the matter. Eli is behind her, his hands on her waist to keep her from toppling over into the water, muttering something like 'I swear to god women, drag me into this lake and I will be suing' under his breath.

I try not to snicker as I follow my friends along the path, shaking my head lightly, at the stupidness of what we get up to together.

I'm just about to take another step in the direction we're heading, but because I'm not paying attention, I don't realise that we've stopped. I slam straight into the back of the boy who's stopped directly in front of me.

The sudden stoping, means that the boy behind me is now practically on top of me, his chest touching my back, his shoulders where my head is, his hands at my waist.

An 'umph' comes from a grunting Eli, before he curses at the cause of the hold up, a bending down Naomi who's plucking her heel from a patch of mud. He turns around giving me a knowing look and apologises, before turning back to Ni and helping her to carry on walking.

But while all of this happens, I for one, can't move.

Leo's firm hands are still on either side of my waist, his chest pressed up tightly against my back, the light trickle of his breath on my neck sending a shiver up my spine. His front is just above my lower back, the material of his jeans tight from being so close to another body.