Chapter seven Fitting In

Chapter seven

Fitting In

(Ten years old)

“Daven wait!” Raven ran out of the cave after the group of boys. “Wait for me!”

The leader of the group stopped and rolled his at his younger brother. “Raven, you can’t come. Dad said you’re not allowed in the forest.”

He stopped and hugged his arms around his chest. “He said I could as long as I went with someone.”

“I don’t want to babysit,” snapped Daven. “Go inside.”

“I’m older than Saigon and Archer, even Jagger.”

“But I’m older than you, though, and unlike you they have dominate wolves,” he stated. “Go back inside.”

“Daven,” Jagger cut in, “just let him come.”

“I don’t want to have to spend the day making sure he doesn’t hurt himself.”

“Then I’ll stay with him.”

A smile appeared on Raven’s face. Even though the red and black haired boy was the self-proclaimed leader of the group, Jagger had never been afraid to stand up to Daven or go against him. 

“Jagger, come on,” said Archer. “We only have a couple of hours before we have to be back for the ceremony.”

“Then go,” said the black haired boy firmly. “I’m not stopping you.”

“Fine, Raven can come,” growled Daven. “But you better keep up and don’t run to dad if you get hurt.”

“I won’t,” muttered the shortest boy. 

The boys took off their shorts and shifted into their wolves. Jagger and Devan led the way through the trees to the waterfall were they regularly played. The trip took only around twenty minutes, and they wasted no time jumping into the water. 

The swam for a while before Daven started up a game of king of the hill. Raven watched to the side as the others fought to claim the top spot. Even though he was a year older than Archer and two years older than Saigon, they were both already his size, and in Archer case bigger. Jagger and Daven had always been bigger than him, since they were pups. Raven decided to clean his fur instead like Peter had showed him. He had admired how the white male’s fur shined. 

Jagger had grown tired of the game and left Archer and Saigon to team up on Daven. He sat down on the rocks and noticed Raven. “What are you doing?”

“Cleaning my fur.” 

“Why? It’s just going to get dirty again.”

The white werewolf shrugged. “So it looks nice,” he said with a smile. “For when my dad becomes Alpha today.”

“You’re so weird, sometimes.”

Raven just laughter, knowing Jagger was only teasing him. “Whatever.” He splashed him. 

“Hey!” Jagger wiped his face. “What was that for?”

The small boy shrugged with a smirk. 

“Jagger!” yelled Daven. “Come help me with these two.”

“Fine,” he muttered, getting up and climbing up the rock where the three werewolves were struggling to obtain dominance.

“Daven! Raven!” An angry deep red wolf bursted out of the trees.