Chapter Four: The Big Bang

I walked out of the bathroom to find Shannon looking for me. I was kind of confused because I hadn't been gone long. I walked towards her, but the closer I got the closer she got. As we finally stood face-to-face she was crying.

"Shannon, what's up?" I shouted due to the loud music.

She whipped her tears, "It's your dad, Katy. We have to go!"

I had no idea what had happened, but my stomach hit the ground. Shannon never cries, so something bad must've happened. I began to cry as we made our way out because I just knew this wasn't good.

We got in Shannon's car and drove off. Mia and Cleo were ahead of us, so I assumed they already knew. I wanted to ask what was going on, but I couldn't bring myself to the question. Shannon never said a word nor did I. As we drove, I looked out the window and cried even harder.

We finally turned off the road, but it was to the hospital. I got sick to my stomach over the thought of what could've happened. We walked in, and Mia was at the counter talking to a nurse.

"He's in room 21," said the nurse.

Mia motioned us to follow her. Shannon wrapped her arms around me and rubbed my shoulder. I just pulled away because I could barley breathe. We made our way to the room. I saw my brother and my sister's husband sitting outside of the room. My brother had his head down. As I went to open the door Angela was making her way out. She just looked at me with her red face from crying. I walked in clueless.

There laid my dad in a hospital bed with our pastor and my mom by his side. They were saying their blessings as I walked in, so I stood to the side. My mom caught a glance of me and made her way over my way.

"Katy, your dad was in a pretty bad car accident," my mother informed me.

I just grabbed my face and fell to my knees. She picked me up and just rubbed my back.

"He's going to be okay," she continued, "The doctor said he had a broke wrist. It's nothing too serious."

I took a deep breathe and made my way over to him. He was asleep from all the medicine. I just leaned in and kissed his forehead.

"I love you dad. I promise I'll be by your side through this," I whispered.

I made my way over to a car by his side, and just held his hand for the rest of the night. I was still scared for him, but I knew God would keep him in good health.