Last of the Djara

Kurgan could not believe his luck.  The target sat in the room, just feet from him.  A few questions to guards in the compound had taken Kurgan to the kitchens, where mess staff prepared sandwiches and a dessert and had given him two bottles of water.  Into the water and the food Kurgan had slipped the fast-acting neurotoxin from his barbed tongue.

Dexter unlocked the door and Kurgan walked inside, looking, to all intents and purposes, just like Corporal Sturgess.

'Yo, food's up.'  Kurgan smiled and then sniffed at the scent in the air, as he entered the room.  The target sat there, relaxed and unsuspecting.  Kurgan could smell that much on the air.  The target even smiled.

Kurgan placed the tray of food on to the table.

'I'm supposed to take the tray back when you're done.  Hope you're hungry?'  He smiled at the target.

'Hmm, I haven't eaten in quite some time.'  Nirgalen reached out and picked up a sandwich.  He looked inside.  'Looks like chicken.'

'Yep. Should be good.'  Kurgan's heart began to speed up, in anticipation of what would come next.

Nirgalen lifted the sandwich and took a bite.  Once, twice, three times, he chewed the meat and bread.  And that was all it took.  The poison entered his bloodstream and began shutting down the nerves in his brain.  His eyes closed.  His head fell to the table and he slithered from the chair.

Kurgan took no chances.  In a split second the mourn blade was in his hand and the blue lightning shot forth towards the unconscious body of Nirgalen.  Wherever the blue lightning touched, the body of the Djara disappeared.

No sign of Nirgalen was left in the bare room.

Kurgan smiled, now all he had to do was make good his escape.