The Eldar

Nirgalen sat in the crook of a branch of the oak tree, gazing intently at the pool of water below.  A fern leaf moved, just slightly, beside the still waters.  The Djara closed his eyes and time froze.  He opened his eyes, but all was still... and there by the pool, deep in the forest stood a tall, thin woman, with long blonde hair, that flowed, in golden cascades, almost to her waist.  She was dressed in tight-fitting clothes of green and brown, which matched the scenery around her.  Even frozen in time, it was hard for Nirgalen to make out the features of the woman clearly.  A ring of flowers encircled her hair, almost like a crown.  Her eyes were a deep green and her lips a pale red.

With time still standing still, Nirgalen grasped the hands of the woman... and then he let time begin once more.

'Huh!'  A gasp of astonishment came from the woman and she struggled for just a brief moment in Nirgalen's grip.  And then she just stood still.

'It's ok... I mean you no harm.'  Nirgalen smiled at the girl and calmed her with his mind.

'You... you can see me?'  The girl looked confused and unsure.

'Yes.'

'Who... who are you?'

'My name is Taro Mahn.'

'And... what are you?'

'I'm an envoy from the Shardahn Temple.  I have been sent to find the Eldar.'  Nirgalen let go of the girl's arms and raised his hands, with palms held up, flat to show he meant no harm.

'Why do you seek the Eldar?'  The girl frowned.

'I need to talk to your High Shaman.  The World is under threat.  The Void is coming.  The Eldar, The Children of Light, you are the only ones who can stop the end of everything.  Please, take me to the Shaman.'

'And what if I say no?'  An obstinate looking furrow marked the perfectly smooth brow of the young woman.

'Then the World will come to an end.'  Nirgalen shrugged his shoulders and hoped that the girl believed what he said.

'Stay here.by the pool.  I will tell the High Shaman of what you have said.  If he sees fit he will come to you.'

'That is all I can ask.'  Nirgalen smiled, but the girl had already vanished.  No sign of her passing, or trace of scent was left behind.

All he could do now was wait.