The Dreaming

The first challenge for Tau was to stop the cold from taking his dreams.

Tau returned to The Realms of The Dreaming and rolled himself into a ball.  The ball grew larger with time... growing ever faster, and faster.  Yet, as it grew, time slowed.  With time folded in upon itself Tau could grow forever, for that 'forever' would never arrive.

Tau woke to find the cold no longer grew.  All the same, Tau longed for the warmth of his birth.

Tau returned again to The Realms of The Dreaming.  In the eddies and swirls of his being, Tau sought a way to bring warmth.  Turning in upon himself, Tau used the swirling motion to bring his warmest parts together.  Where Tau was strongest great heat appeared and light shone out.  Between the points of light, Tau lay thin, but was still present.

Tau awoke a second time.  A great warmth flowed around him, yet a great fear descended.  Within himself, Tau saw darkness.  Tau had never seen the dark.  For Tau, the greatest fear was that darkness would find him.

It was in that moment that Tau's fears became real.  For where Tau was strongest he could see true darkness.  Great swirls of light centred upon points of total blackness.

Tau feared he would be consumed by the dark.  And, so it seemed he would be, but fortune favoured Tau, for, where the dark sought to swallow Tau, Time slowed to nothing.  The jaws of dark were poised to swallow Tau, but he would never enter those jaws.  For the time being Tau was safe.

Tau returned to The Realms of The Dreaming but for a short while.  For, in his dreams, he found dark creatures that sought out the warmth.  The Creatures of The Void sought to destroy the light and warmth of TauTau tore at his eyes to stop the dreaming.

Tau woke from his nightmares.  In Tau's haste to stop the dreaming, he had torn open his third eye... that which looked to the future.  Without his dreams, and without knowledge of what was to come, Tau stood in fear.  He looked around and saw no dark creatures... but were they lying in wait in the dream worlds that lay beyond what he could see?

Tau had stopped the cold, but lost his dreams.

And so it was that Tau now sought to enter The Realms of The Dreaming once more.