|see you again pt.2 • michael langdon|

i'm back!

here's part two for my first michael imagine, and this is when he's older :)

and the story line is just a bit different than the episode where michael came in.  and there will be a pt. 3!

also, please vote! this took a while to write

•••

|Previously|

As time grew by, and me and Michael would hang out. I knew it would one day come to an end.

Each time I saw him he seemed more on edge. Deadly even. His eyes held anger and danger in them.

I would smile at him, and sometimes, he would just frown. Almost as if he was holding himself back from something, or himself.

But one day, he just disappeared. The last time I spoke to him, touched him, was when he snuck into my room the night before he left.

"(Y/n)." He said, pleading to me with his striking eyes. "I have to leave. It's no longer safe for you to be with me."

"What do you mean? Michael, your my closest friend. Tell me." I begged, holding onto his strong arm.

"No. I can't. But soon, you'll see me again. I promise. Even if it's years from now or when the world falls apart, I'll be there. Waiting."

And with that, he pulled me in his arms. We had never hugged before, but it was pure heaven, even if he was the exact opposite of it.

That moment had replayed in my head for weeks, months. And I had waited so long to see his familiar face again, but it never happened.

Because the bombs hit. And my life as I knew it, was gone. And I was stuck underground for 18 months, drowning in the sorrow of losing everyone I loved.

Including, Michael.

•••

|Present|

I forgot what it felt like to be outside.

The warm, fresh air nipping at my sun kissed skin. Sunlight beaming bright during the day as the moon and stars twinkled at night.

I couldn't even remember the small details of my friends or family anymore. The long months that I had been stuck underground ate away at me. My throat closing tight as my heart clenched in mourn.

I missed the ones I loved. Even the strangers I never knew, but who were taken from this Earth in a horrible way.

I missed it all.

I missed my cat. I missed the flowers that grew outside of my window. I missed my mother's hugs, and my fathers jokes. I missed my friends and their laughter. I missed the dozens of adventures we would go on.

But it all seemed blurry. My head never able to grasp a perfectly clear picture of what used to be my life.

But the one thing I could remember so vividly, was Michael.