CHAPTER 5

CHAPTER 5

Please Comment, Vote, and Recommend. Thank you ^_^

Caleb's Point of View:

It's been days and I was still replaying the catastrophic end to the conversation between my cousin and myself...

          "Give me the phone, Roman. Caleb and I still have some unfinished business and I don't want you getting in our way, this is between us and only us. We were both rude to each other. I was the one who started it and I was the one who went too far, so give it back and stay out of it. What are you doing here, anyway? I thought you weren't coming back until tomorrow," Cee's voice was still a little hoarse from his earlier bout of tears.

          "Well, it's a good thing that I'm back now, isn't it? And no, I will not stay out of it. You and this phone conversation are done for the day. Rude to each other or not, I will not stand by and watch this go on anymore; yes, he is your family, and yes you love him, and yes you are going to fight but this has gone beyond the point of just fighting.

          And I will not stand back any longer and watch you cry your eyes out, starve yourself for days, and deprive yourself of sleep after a talk with him," Roman's voice was gentle but unyielding, leaving no room for debate. "This is affecting your health and he has to know it, but he does not care; that narcissistic bastard only cares about himself."

Oh, the irony of that statement was almost laughable. Why was it that everyone loved throwing the word 'narcissist' about so frivolously? Most of the time, I personally believed that the people who threw that word around as if it was confetti, tended to be the most narcissistic. Steele and his ilk were prime examples. They got off on judging others as though they were God; and if that was not the pinnacle of the narcissism pyramid then I did not know what was. Makes you really wonder about those who should be labeled a narcissist; was it the ones who constantly threw the word around? Or was it those on the receiving end of the dreaded label?

          "You heard that Caleb? While you are busy keeping everyone at arm's length, Cayan is over here depriving himself of food and sleep every time you deem it fit to give him a call..."

          'But I did not call him, he was the one who called me,' almost slipped past my lips, but responding would have been of little to no use; I would have somehow still ended up being the one at fault.

          "...and you know what Caleb if you are held bend on staying on this fucked up merry-go-round you're on, have at it but don't try to pull him down with you. If you do not want or need his or anyone else's help for that matter, just say so; trust me, everyone will get the message and leave you alone.

          But please do yourself a favor and get some professional help, you need it with extreme urgency. The latter is not me being mean; I really believe that you would greatly benefit from seeing a professional who could help you deal with and purge whatever is eating you...To be quite frank, you need to do something or that massive amount of hate living inside of you will consume what little is left of the Caleb we used to know."