CHAPTER 14

CHAPTER 14

Please, Vote, Comment, and Share if you are enjoying the story. I will greatly appreciate it ^_^

Logan's Point of View:

"ack, lack, Black!"

The faraway voice slowly penetrated my mental field trip, and I turned to face him, "Sorry, you were saying?"

"You okay?" he asked, "You looked a little lost there for a moment."

"I'm fine, Victor. Just work." I answered and kept it at that, even though we both knew my answer would not convince a newborn.

"Work. Yeah, always a hassle." He agreed. "So, as I was saying, DC is no longer his home and hasn't been his home for a while. We had assumed he still lived there back when his cousin wanted him found. Only to later find out, after some extensive digging, of course, that he had moved from DC quite sometime before leaving the country. We also discovered that he had sold his apartment through one of those very private, wealthy firms. Who was and are still adamantly refusing to volunteer information despite all our persuasive methods. These firms not only extensively vet their employees and make them sign tight NDAS, but they also pay them exuberant salaries and bonuses to keep their mouths shut. Well, their clienteles are the 'super-wealthy,' so their refusal to willingly hand over information is not surprising. What is surprising, however, is that even when we got our hands on their private records and documents, there was no information about him."

"And?" I asked as he suddenly paused.

"Speaking of properties," he continued with furrowed brows, ignoring my question, "There was also a cabin that he supposedly owned. But, we have yet to find anything about him owning said property. It's as though his entire life in DC never happened; there is no record of him living or being there. And the only people, who could help us untangle this messy situation, refuse to. Just as back then, Professor Andrews and his wife refuse to share any information they have. Or rather, they behave as if they had never heard the name 'Caleb Peters' before, even though he visited them both after his trip. They are so overprotective of him and his whereabouts; it's annoying."

Had I not previously heard of the Professor's refusal, I would have been shocked, but instead, I focused on pushing the conversation forward.

"For how long did he stay with them?"

"The PI Roman's little guy hired confirmed that Caleb was at the Andrews' home for about three days before losing track of him. Unfortunately, the only thing the PI could obtain was his cellphone number, and that's because he bribed a person at the phone company with several thousand dollars. And before you ask, we tried tracking his location after being provided with his number but got nothing. The number and phone no longer exist. More than likely, he used a burner phone and tossed it immediately after the call with his cousin. So as of right now, we are still unable to trace his current location."