32: Under Your Nose

A/N: rewritten due to changes in writing style

A pounding on the door awakened The Alpha from his deep slumber. At first, he slowly opened his eyes, groaning in complaint, and instead of getting up, all he did was nuzzle his face deeper into Hani's neck. As the pounding continued, his eyes opened up abruptly, upon remembering in what kind of position he was in. He got up from the bed as quickly as possible, without waking his mate up, and almost ran down the stairs with how worried he was. When he opened the door, Hoseok was waiting patiently outside.

"I found our spy"

Sighing, Jungkook relaxed at Hoseok's words, glad that nothing serious had happened while he slept. The Alpha then stepped aside from the door and let the boy inside, wanting to discuss the details in a more private setting. Familiar with the house, Hoseok wasted no time; leisurely, he sat on the couch, melting on the surface in comfort. While the beta got settled, Jungkook went upstairs and checked if Hani was still sleeping. He didn't want her to know about his little plan or the spy – at least for now. Once he was certain that she was fast asleep, he walked back to the living room where Hoseok waited for him.

"Who is it, Hoseok?"

The Alpha asked eagerly as he moved towards the kitchen so that he could make some coffee. Hoseok followed him with his eyes, with a motion of his head he asked the Alpha to make one for him as well.

"Young kid, smart, strong, persistent. He has been in the training grounds for a really long time and is dying for a challenge. His name is Minki"

Jungkook had seen Minki practicing before and knew he was a good pick. The boy could be too audacious sometimes, but we all are when we are inexperienced and young. Jungkook used to be like that too. Therefore, it was no surprise Hoseok's choice. The boy, Minki, had been bold enough to challenge the Alpha for a fight in the past, eager to learn by his owns hands, what was it about Jungkook that made him grand, bigger than all other Alphas he knew. That day, Minki learned his lesson thoroughly.

"Ahh, this coffee is tasting so good" Hoseok hummed, making Jungkook chuckle softly at him. "Narae kept us up all night"

"I'd say I feel bad for you but honestly, you brought this onto yourself"

The Alpha laughed harder this time, noticing the tired look on Hoseok's face. Adverting his gaze from the coffee, Hoseok glared at Jungkook and prickled by the witty comment.

"We'll talk when you are in my shoes" Hoseok threatened Jungkook, pointing his finger at him with a cold glare. "You shouldn't even be opinionating about this. You haven't even had the balls to complete the mating process, yet"

At the taunt, Jungkook blushed aggressively and slammed his cup on the kitchen island, making Hoseok slightly jump from his seat. He almost felt intimidated by the Alpha, if it wasn't for the embarrassment, the feverish and burning red color that painted his cheeks, that spread to his ears, caused Jungkook's eyes to widen. It reminded him of Jungkook when he was a kid, when he and Hoseok first met. How he used to get shy and didn't speak much. The Alpha used to get flustered over the tiniest of things, however, on the day he turned 18 and became a leader, he changed. So, it was somehow, amazing to Hoseok how Hani could make the Alpha drop his reputation and persona and just be Jungkook. Jungkook before he became an Alpha.

"It's not that I don't have the balls" Jungkook said as he rubbed the back of his neck nervously. "We found out a lot that we didn't know about ourselves and our bond while we were away. I don't want to scare her or force her into anything, you know. I'd rather wait until she is comfortable and until we are both confident that it's not a risk"

"A risk? What do you mean by that?"

Ever since the Alpha had gotten back, he hadn't had the time to tell his friends what he had found out. Or maybe he had had the time, but was too focused on the revenge and setting his plan in motion to actually tell them.