Lwezi.

Insert 1

#Lwezi

Well I woke up early in the morning as usual. I did my part of the house chores, ok I admit I'm lazy at times, but I always do my chores in time. So after that, the next step was to bath, the worst and boring part of my daily routine. Bathing is actually not my favourite activity. But I had to though.

So I only spent two minutes in the bathroom, don't stare at me, I ain't an elephant please, two minutes were enough for my small body. After bathing, I quickly changed to my beautiful uniform and took care of my hair. I remembered that I had forgotten to brush my teeth, so I quickly walked back to the bathroom and did just that. I was now done, ready to leave.
So I left my room and passed by the kitchen, I needed some snacks. I sighed when I found no one in the kitchen, then I used the back door to the garage, hoping not to bump into my mom. I thought I had succeeded and I danced a bit, jeez my mom can be an advocate sometimes. But then, favor was not on my side this day, before I could go anywhere far, I heard her shouting behind me.

Mom:.... Heyi wena Nobuntu, where are you going? Come back here!

Ok, it seemed as if my uniform was invisible to her.

Me....: Mom I'm running late please.

I said looking at her with a straight face, I wanted her to let me go.

Her....: I said come here. You're delaying yourself.

I ran to her. She wasn't going to change her mind.

Me....: I'm here.

She started inspecting me with her eyes.

Her:... Eeeh sis ugezile yini? (Eeeh sis did you bath?)

I was expecting that question.

Me...: Yebo mama ngigezile.(Yes mom I did.) What is it?

She looked at me, I knew that look.

Her...: You're going inside, take off that uniform and bath. I know you didn't even  touch the water today.

I was shocked, like for real, who does that?

Me: ... Ahh ngeke ngihlambe kabili, ngisho.(Ahh I wont bath twice, never.)

She smirked.

Her....: In that case you are going nowhere without bathing. Do you hear me?

With those words, she cat walked away, my sometimes stubborn mom for you.
So that was it, I was forced to bath again. Not a bad idea though, actually this day was one of those days when my name seemed to be the popular topic in every group discussion. We had 4 chess match with MPUMELELO HIGH SCHOOL. And I had been waiting for this day, obviously because of those three so called 'The 3 Chill Boys.' The guys are like the masters when we talk about arrogance, so I couldn't risk being absent at school. They had been on the top for some time, but this day's trophies  were so gonna be mine shame. Ok, I was already seeing their angry faces and glassy eyes in my mind already. Especially the might Nkosenye guy I had been hearing a lot about.

Anyway, this day my mom was on another level of craziness. Can you believe she came and bathed me? She really had time to waste shame. But I thanked her, I went to school feeling fresh, though she left my body sore from her scrubbing. Some mother she is.

And my two brothers had left already, Lwando being the school head boy and Lwazi the sports leader, they had to show up early at school though. So after preparing myself for the second time, I then said goodbye to mom and our driver had been waiting for me outside. In no time, we were on the road.

It wasnt a long boring drive though, so before I knew it, I was at school. He dropped me off and I walked to the school hall. On my way there, someone shoulder bumped me from nowhere. I was pissed so I turned in a flash and landed a hot slap on his cheek. He touched his cheek, I'm sure he felt a burnt like feeling and before he could do anything to me, my brothers and my friend Luyanda had arrived. You would think they had me in their sights everytime. They looked a bit angry as if they had seen everything.

Luyanda.: What was that for?
Lwazi....: Please goat, explain.

The two looked like they were going to eat him.

Guy....: What did you just call me?

He looked at my brother with an angry face.

Me...: You heard him. Now listen boy, you better watch where you're going, trust me you won't like what I will do to you the next time you repeat this.

I turned to leave but he pulled my arm roughly, wrong move. Lwando landed a death punch on his face. The guy was rude, but what was happening was not good either. So I stopped my brother and we walked to the main hall, with Luyanda and I holding hands.

Luyanda...: So who's the idiot who has the guts to mess with you?

Me....: Someone who now regrets it.

She laughed, some friend she was..