Not That Girl Anymore

I heard pounding on the staircase. What? This was seriously crazy. The only person to come to the attic-a.k.a.:my room, or the shit dump, as everybody in the pack calls it- since i was 10, after i shifted- was me. And Savannah, of course. Savannah was my best friend. Hell, she was my ONLY friend.

Anyway, back to the stomping.

The person stopped at my room. The attic was basically the only room on the top floor of the pack house. It was also where I, the pack reject, sleep at night.

"Hey! Worthless idiot! Help me carry my bags to school today! I have a freaking hangover!" calls my sister, Chelseah(chel-sea-ah, she hates it when somebody gets it wrong). Chelseah is my older sister, but she treats me practically like her maid. Everybody except Savannah does.

I don't know why, but i have a theory. I was pretty, with my red hair and luminous green eyes. Chelseah was also pretty, but in the slutty kind of way.

But of course, I didn't tell her that she looks slutty. That would be suicide. Don't want to get beaten up.

Or rather, beaten up more than usual.

Actually, I don't think i'm pretty anymore. People used to say I was pretty, but i never believed them. Plus I was smart too, i skipped ALOT of grades. I got a scholarship to a prestigious university when I was only twelve, and graduated last month when i had just turn fourteen. Not that the bullying stopped. Even when I was in university, the bullying didn't stop. Why change tradition, right? No reason to stop. This pack member also went to the university, he made sure everyone there hated me too. But still I dont get how they are jealous of me. Every girl in the pack was so thin and slender, with an hourglass figure. Even Mom had an hourglass figure. I, on the other am fat. I am severely overweight. When i look at the mirror, I see rolls and rolls of fat around my stomach, thighs and arms.

Sometimes i wonder: how can i be so fat? I eat the least in the pack house, one meal a day only, as everybody says that i'm so fat and i should lose weigh. I go around the house to do all the chores and cleaning as i don't have to go to school. How can i be fat? Not like I complain to anyone except Savannah. Nobody would care, and if I complain, or even say anything, they would say I'm ungrateful. Best to stay out of sight, out of mind.

"Hey! Idiot! Are you listening to me?"she shrieks and throws her heavy bag at me. She aims at my stomach, and it knocks me over. I end on the hard floor with an "OOMPH!"

She snickers, and laughes:"How can it hurt you? You have so much fats, it must give you so much padding that you dont feel a thing at all!"

I feel my eyes start stinging and tears start welling up in it. Embarrasment overwhelmed me, and i swallowed determined not to let any tears spill out. Everybody treats me like this. It has been the same for so many years. Even when i went to university, a mean pack member was there and got the whole campus to ridicule me. They tourtured me, and threw my things into the toilet and flushed it down.

"I'm sorry, Chelseah," i whispered, my voice catching at the end of the sentence.

"Don't call me Chelseah! You have to right to call my name! Call me your Luna!"

Chelseah has been going around comanding people to call her"Luna" ever since she started dating Chance, the alpha's son. She was very sure that she would be his mate and he would mark her.

"Sorry Luna,"

She sniffed, her nose upturned into the air and pranced out, her wavy blond hair swishing back and forth.

Even though we were sisters, we were worlds apart. She was popular, I was rejected. She was pretty, i was ugly. She looked like a typical blond cheerleader with her blond hair and blue eyes- and she certainly acted the part-, while i had bloody red hair in ringlets till my waist and luminous green eyes that looked feline. And not to mention the freakish long black streaks in the same shade of black as my father's that had mysteriously popped out when i was five. The looked bright and made my pale skin look even paler.