Chapter: F O U R T E E N

“I don’t do this often… But sometimes I need something to take my mind off of things…,” –Tavi

            When Shayne left I immediately ran upstairs and into the master bedroom. Stephanie and Addison were sitting on my bed looking worried. I guess they both heard the commotion downstairs and Stephanie kept Addison up here.

            “Is everything okay?” Stephanie asked.

            “No,” I mumbled. I kneeled down next to the bed and reached under to pull the carry on bag out of the floor boards. When I got it from under the bed I noticed it was a lot lighter then what I remember.

            I slowly unzipped the bag and picked it up and threw it across the room. None of the money was in the bag and the only person that could’ve taken it was Rashad. I don’t even understand how he could’ve known I had it there.

            “Fuck!” I yelled.

            “Mommy, what’s wrong?” Addison questioned hopping off the bed and coming to my aid.

            I shook my head. I ignored her question and tried to calm myself down. I do plan on telling Addison and Stephanie that we have to leave but I need to figure a few things out before I do so, starting with my money.

            I grabbed my macbook from off the dresser and logged into my bank account that was unmarked to see if I still had the money inside. When I got to the website I wanted to throw the computer across the room like I did with the duffel bag. I had not a penny in the account leaving me with just the four thousand dollars in my regular bank account, if Rashad didn’t wipe that clean as well.

            “Tavi what’s going on?” Stephanie asked once again.

            I took a deep breath and looked over at her on the verge of tears, “Rashad is kicking me out… But Addison is gonna stay with her dad and you and I will stay wit’ my mom,”

            “That’s fine,” Stephanie replied casually as if she was used to things like this, and being that she came from a poor family I’m sure she is.

            I threw my body back on the bed and closed my eyes, “It’s not fine… I should’ve seen this comin’; I should’ve been more prepared,”

            Rashad kicking me out is like the cherry on top to all the bullshit we’ve been through. I wouldn’t be surprised if his mother convinced him to kick me out so that she could move in. It’ll just be her way of getting back at me for not marrying him.

            “Well what are you gonna do now?”

            “I’m gonna ask my mom if she has a place she can rent out to me, until I can get some more money and find me a better place,” I sat up and looked at Addison as she sat on the floor. “Addison you wanna stay wit’ your daddy for awhile?”