Chapter: E I G H T

Chapter: E I G H T

        “He was there when I needed help and didn’t know what to do. So now I’m here for him when he needs help and doesn’t know what to do,”—Tavi

            “Be careful!” I warned Addison as she ran towards the pool in the backyard of Rasia and Chris’s house.

            The house was filled with people and the entire downstairs was decorated with spider-man theme for Rico. They had a bouncy house in the backyard and tables set out for everyone to sit at. Music played loudly throughout the house making it reach all the way outside. There was a table filled with refreshments and foods, and a second table for Rico’s gifts.

            I placed the spider-man gift bag on the table and then walked over towards Rasia with Sandra right along with me.

            “They did great decorating,” I admired the place.

            “We,” Sandra corrected me and laughed, “We spent all last night decorating. I’m surprised my ass is up right now,”

            I shook my head and laughed as we approached Rasia as she talked to a few people with Elijah on her hip, “Hey,” She smiled at us.

            We both hugged her and made sure to watch her belly in the process. Sandra took Elijah out of Rasia’s hands and quickly walked off to keep him occupied.

            I know that now is the time that Rasia and I should say our sorry’s and move on. It’s only right that we get this over with now and not let it drag out any longer.

            Once Rasia finished her conversation with a few of her family members she turned her attention towards me. She signaled me to follow her into the house, where we stood in the kitchen where it was a little quiet but still loud.

            “I heard you went to see Shayne,” She started while pulling out a pan from the oven.

            I nodded my head, “Yeah,”

            “Well that’s good,” She replied blandly.

            I rolled my eyes and stood far away from her towards the doorway of the kitchen. I didn’t come here to talk about Shayne, but I came here to talk about our friendship.

            I crossed my arms over my chest and she didn’t say a word. She just kept herself busy with everything there is to do. I shifted my weight over to the other leg and then Chris walked in and brushed past me. He and Rasia shared a few words and then he turned his attention towards me.

            “How’s Shayne?” He asked.

            I ran my fingers through my curls, “He’s fine. I guess,”

            He simply nodded his head, “That’s good,”