The Freindship

I feel hands shaking me forcing me back into consciousness. I open my eyes to see Logan's face. Everywhere hurts I assume they kept kicking me even after I was unconscious. He reaches to touch me again and I flinch and close my eyes.

"I'm sorry but you can't walk," he says as he picks me up.

At this I'm scared and try to fight him. I'm only used to people touching to hurt so I'm very sensitive to any touching. He tightens his grip to make sure I don't escape and I bury my face in my arms against his chest and lie still. He carries me for a while untill I'm set down in the back seat of a vehicle and driven away. I lie there motionless the shock biting at me. The ride isn't too long but the whole way I'm trying to stay awake holding on to that little bit of consciousness and hoping I will never let go. The car stops and my door is opened I see Logan's arms reaching for me and I clench up squeezing my eyes shut. My breathing quickens as he carries me. Soon he puts me down on a warm comfy bed, leaves the room, and I slip away into a nice, deep sleep.

~~~

Hands grab at me some punching others just reaching I'm cornered and scrunched up against a wall. One hand yanks my hair sending my head forward and pushes my head back so it hits the wall. The hands go away and my dad appears. He starts coming towards me and I prepare for the worst.

I'm woken up and see Logan's face I'm crying and breathing fast.

"Its okay it was just a dream," he says, "Here, I came up to bring you breakfast."

He puts a tray on my lap with a waffle, fruit, and orange juice. I look down at it, I haven't had an actual meal in a long time. I grab the fork and take a bite.

"Where am I?" I say between bites.

"You're at my house in the guest room. Its Saturday morning."

My eyes widen as I realize I never went back to my house my dad is going to be pissed.

"I have to go," I say moving my legs over the edge of the bed.

I stand up and would've fallen over if Logan hadn't caught me. I get out of his grasp and sit back on the edge of the bed starring at my knees.

"I can take you to your house."

No that would just make it worse I haven't the slightest idea how my dad would react. Then again what choice do I have. I nod and we head to his car.

As we're backing out I realize something. His house its the house I always stare at when we pick up Jade. Its my dream house!

I give him directions as he drives and pretty soon we're in front of my horrible excuse of a house. I suddenly feel embarrassed at how different my house is than his, but he doesn't seem to care. He gets out and opens my door for me.

"You can just leave now," I say.

"No I'm going to walk you to the door and make sure you don't fall again."

I get out and my bare feet touch the ground. I had forgotten Oliver ruined my only shoes. I stand up a little wobbly with Logan watching me making sure I don't fall. We walk up to the door and I try to open it, but find it locked. Oh no. I think to myself, I had planned to just slip in and quietly go to my room and now I'm terrified. My shaking hand reaches up to the door and I knock. I hear movement from the house and then the door is opened. There he is right in front of me, my dad. He reeks and looks incredibly angry.

"Where were you? Who is this?"

"I'm Logan. I'm Maddy's freind from school," he says reaching out his hand.

My dad punches him in the face causing his nose to start bleeding.

"Dad, stop!" I yell moving towards Logan but he smacks me and pushes me over causing me to slam into the ground.

"Why are you with her?" He asks.

"She was beat up at school and was unconscious so I helped her and let her stay in the guest room at my house," he says quickly, shocked.

"I don't want to see you ever again," he says.

He grabs me and drags me into the house. As I'm being dragged in I catch one last glimpse of Logan and mouth, I'm sorry. Before the door is slammed shut.

"How dare you not go home after school!" My dad yells and grabs my hand.

He slowly twists it and I hear it crack. I scream in pain.

"You outta be taught a lesson!" He says.

He kicks me in the stomach sending me to the floor and kicks me in my already injured nose. He then punches me several times and grabs my foot dragging me again. He drags me, opens the door, and throws me out sending me crashing against the ground.

"Looks like your friend is gone. He never really cared about you," he says slamming the door and locking it.

I move my head to see that his truck is gone and I'm faced with the fact that he's right. I lie there in the cold breathing very strangely because of the pain in my side. I start crying my tears soak up in the ground and black dots start filling my world once again. Then I see Logan's face I laugh inside knowing I have to be seeing things. He's talking really worriedly but I can't hear anything. I try to move but nothing works, I'm stuck. The space around him goes black until I can only see his face. I feel his arms pick me up just before I slip into darkness.

~~~

I wake up in a hospital room gasping for breath my side hurting with every breath. I notice an oxygen mask over my mouth, a cast on my wrist and a bandage around my side. I feel exhausted, confused, and full of pain. I turn my head weary and weak and see Logan sitting beside me his face wet from tears, his eyes tired from lack of sleep, and his hair messy from constantly raking his fingers through it. I smile when I see him and he smiles back a weak sad smile.

"I'm s-sorry," I manage to make out through pain and drowsiness.

"Don't be, you didn't do anything wrong," he says reaching to put his hand over mine, "May I?"

I nod and he puts his hand over mine brushing over it again and again with his thumb. This time it doesn't really scare me, its actually calming.

"You've been here for three days. You have a broken wrist, nose, and rib. The doctor's don't know for sure how long you have to stay. You could've died. He was going to leave you outside all night in the cold," he stops and rubs his hands over his face I spot a tear roll down even though he was trying to hide them.

"I just can't believe someone would do that. The doctor's asked me how you got the injuries and I told them about the bullies at school, but not about your dad. I figured it was your decision to tell them or not and I knew you would want to keep it a secret."

He reaches into a bag and pulls out a shoe box, "I got you something," he says taking out a brand new pair of black converse.

I open my mouth to talk but he shakes his head, "I know it hurts to talk because of your rib, so you don't have to."

He puts the shoes away and puts his hand on mine again, "Do you mind if I read to you?"

I shake my head and he takes out a book with the title "The Holy Bible."

"This is God's word. He wrote it through people so that we will have it to strengthen our faith."

Days flew by, then weeks every day Logan would come in and read me a story from the Bible. Our relationship has grown and I feel incredibly close to him. It had been almost four weeks when I was told I could return home and now I'm waiting for Logan. To come get me. I don't know what will be waiting for me. I don't know how horrifying my experience with my dad will be, but what I am sure of is I have a friend. A best friend who actually cares.

~~~

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! I hope you like this chapter! Comments and stars are appreciated very much! Till the next one, love ya readers!