88

Keep the comment section healthy

Ivy

The lights from Ethans' house were turned on as I got out from my car, locking all the doors and walking to his doorstep. It was dark already, and I had spent the rest of the day after school with Fiona and Caramel at the Hub. I even had Fiona try Ethan's number a few times, but he didn't pick up.

Under the dark sky and the pretty chill air around, I wondered.

Why hadn't he picked up Fiona's call? I thought it was me he had been trying to avoid, now I was positive something else was involved.

He wouldn't just ghost everyone except something was really wrong. Is he in trouble? Did something happen after I left yesterday?

With just that thought alone, my heart hammered against my chest.

What if something had happened... Oh my God.

The moment I raised my hand to knock, the door pulled open, revealing Edith who looked like she was about leaving. When she saw me, her eyes widened, a smile coming to her face. "Hey, Ivy."

"Hey, Edith... I thought you weren't going to be around till the next week."

She nodded. "Yeah," a grin tearing across her face. "I forgot some of my hair products and I quickly came to pick them up. I've been trying to reach Ethan all morning, but his number wasn't going through."

I blinked. "Wait... Ethan isn't home?"

"Nope."

I gulped. "I've also been trying to call him all through today. I've sent countless texts, but he hasn't replied to any of them."

She furrowed her brows. "That's strange."

"It is. Do you- do you know where he could have gone? Or has this ever happened before?"

She stopped to think about it. "I'm not sure, but most times when he disappears like this, it's either he's with the Lithians, and doesn't want any of us to worry. I'm sure he's fine though."

I nodded. "Yeah?"

"Yeah... I mean, it's Ethan, he knows how to take care of himself." She smiled. "I'm sure he's going to be home soon."

She was right, Ethan was capable of taking care of himself, but still, something just doesn't feel right.

I sighed. "You seem to be going out."

"Yeah, I am."

"Is it okay if I stay here and wait for him?" I asked.

"Of course, this place is as yours as it is mine." She grinned. "Here you go." She tossed me the keys. "I'm sort of in a hurry, please call me when he gets back home."

"Sure, I will." I said, watching her rush off as I walked into the house and closed the door behind me.

I let out a breath, my eyes looking around to find anything out of place.

Nothing was.

Everything was intact, and properly arranged as always.

I brought out my phone, calling his number again.

It rang rang and rang, still no response. 

I sighed. "Where are you, Ethan?"

I spent the rest of the minutes pacing around and thinking of ways to break everything to him.