23

Ivy

I watched as the girls took their positions on the field, while I sat on the bench with few other girls. Caramel was on the opposite team with Janie, while I was on a team with Fiona. The only difference between Fiona and I, right now, was that, I was on the bench while she was on the field, getting ready to play.

Honestly, I had no objection to that. I was glad, but I knew sooner or later, a girl would fake being hurt on my team and I'd be called to replace her, but for now, I guess I'd just chill on the bench. I'm safe here.

My eyes found Trevor at the basketball court. Now that I think of it, I shouldn't have given him that name. He was totally hotter than it. I should have given him something more hot, but would I blame myself? I wasn't thinking straight then. I never thought it would work, even if I thought it would, I never knew he would be this hot... I mean... That's a male looking wasabi.

I shook my head at my lame thoughts.

I got lost in staring at him; My eyes and heart loving the way he moved with such calculation and accurate speed, the way he looked over at his coach when ever his name was called. There was a smile provoking feeling about the way he raked his hands through his wavy damp hair, and the way he momentarily and unconsciously bite his thumb finger nail whenever he watched his team mate master the technique he taught them.

I watched as he caught the basketball firmly, when Kyle's best friend, Rosen, threw it ar him. I loved the look he threw to Rosen when Rosen blessed him with his infamous glare. I loved the way he looked back at Rosen when he passed him. I adored the way he shook his head in amusement, attempting to look away, only for his eyes to lock with mine. 

My heart skipped a beat.

When his lips broke into a beautiful smile, I became thirsty. My heart was pumping too much blood into my veins and I could feel every inch of my skin heat up.

I looked away immediately, grabbing my water bottle. I opened the cap and brought the bottle to my lips, taking a large gulp of water to calm my beating heart.

I closed the bottle cap, stealing a glance at the basketball court, to find Trevor walking to his coach.

I sighed, looking away.

This wasn't healthy, the feeling I get whenever he smiles or even looks at me, it wasn't healthy... At all. I wasn't supposed to like him... Was I?

He isn't a robot right? What's the harm in liking him?

There's no harm, but now that I know that he isn't a robot, it only brought up the realization that he wasn't fully mine, he had full control of his feelings, he could choose to like me and at the same time, choose not to. He was just a normal guy with a robotic chip in his wrist. Seeing how things are; with me was the last place he wanted to be. But he had no choice. I paid for him, he was on a job, nothing more.

I bit my lower lip.

I have to stop thinking of him that way, it was wrong, I can't expect him to like me back, I've taken away his freedom, that was enough. It was more than enough.

My phone vibrated, it was a message from Roman.

Roman:
I found something.
3 min.