0.2- mom and dad

i wake up in the infirmary, and notice two figures discussing quietly near me.

"alise?" i ask.

"she's awake." alise tells the other figure, who i realize is luke.

"alise!" luke says. "please explain to me what's going on here."

luke marches over pouting like a five year old, in grey sweatpants and a school t-shirt.

"sorry about that." i mumble to him.

he glares at me for a second, but then focuses on alise.

"you know that party a few weeks ago?" alise stutters, luke's gaze on her not lifting. "well you and jane well, you know, did the deed."

"i 'do the deed' with a lot of girls." luke blurts out. "why's she different?" he's talking about me.

"because you got her pregnant." luke laughes, but alise and i just glance at each other. "wait, you guys are serious? are you legit? is ashton kutcher going to jump out anytime soon?"

"no." i say, finally speaking up. "this is actually happening. i am pregnant." and with that i burst into tears. "i'm only 21. how am i going to be a mom?"

"how do you think i feel?" luke shouts. "i'm 22. i'm not ready to be a father!"

luke yelling only makes me cry harder, "but you don't have to live with a living thing inside of you, you don't have to push it out of you, you don't have to figure out what to do with a baby."

"yes i do!" luke shouts. "i helped make that baby!" i'm going to be part of it's life!"

alise nears the door, "i'm just going to leave and let you parents figure this out."

alise exits and luke and i sigh. "what the hell are we going to do?" i say.

"whoah." luke looks taken about. "plain jane sweared."

"alright dad." i smile, and luke's cocky grin is whiped off of his face.

"well mom." luke chuckles. "how are we going to do this?"

"i want to keep it." i say. "i always wanted kids, not this early, but kids none the less."

"i want to keep it too." luke looks at the windows. "it can split time between us."

"sure, yeah." i sigh, secretly hoping that we would raise the kid together.

"jane and luke." he laughs. "mom and dad."

"this is going to be quite a story to tell our kid."