Immunity

Every day, we all play a game.

The people who are alive that is.

Hide from the zombies, seek supplies. It's not a very fun game.

We don't all jump out once the seekers give up and laugh at eachother. Then go inside for an ice cream and glass of water.

No, its nothing like that.

If you give away your hiding place, you die.

The water must be rationed, and I can hardly remember what ice cream was.

Although, there are some fun times.

Like when your slaughtering the mindless undead. Their thick, dark red blood splattering up your arm as you slice through their rotting flesh.

Destroying the brain and watching the vile grey matter fly through the air, oozing out of their recently shattered skull.

I've lost a lot of people since the day all this began.

Charles, Emma, Jack, Ricky, Megan, Thomas, Andy, Zac, Oscar, Lucas, Josh, Abigail, Chelsea and... And April...

It's hard, but you need to move on. Otherwise you'll quickly join them on the long list of lives lost.

Which includes around 7.8 billion other names.

As far as I know, only a couple million people are left. Probably less.

I've been bitten more times than I can count, but I haven't died or changed.

Because I'm immune, and hopefully. The other 2 million people are as well.