Chapter 10: Quick Return

Hana screamed in agony as Pain stood before her, her chakra draining from her as frost covered the room.

Rose was sent out on a mission as Hana screamed, Pain removing his hand as she dropped to the ground.

Hana panted as Pain and Konan left, her long bright red hair sprawled all over the cold floor.

Tears fell from Hana's eyes as she shook, her eyes closing as she lost consciousness.

Tsunade slammed her fist onto the table, her head hung low as she gritted her teeth.

"Hanabusa and Lady Chiyo were the only casualties...but the akatsuki took Hana's body..." Shizune trailed off as Tsunade clenched her fist.

"Dammit...I knew I shouldn't have sent her anywhere! I thought she would be okay...." Tsunade trailed off as Shizune looked down sadly. "Shizune. The nations are in grave danger. The power of the twelve tails is unlike anything we've ever seen before. If they use her against us, it could be the end for us all..."

Shizune tensed as Tsunade closed her eyes, thinking hard.

"I would like to schedule Hana's name to be put on to KIA stone when Naruto returns." Tsunade said sadly as Shizune nodded solemnly.

Rose snuck through the shadows, watching as Hana dropped to the ground in pain.

'Bastards...that's it...I'm done.' Rose thought as she disappeared into the darkness.

'Nobody hurts my students.'

It was the middle of the night.

Hana's cell was completely dark as Rose undid the chains on her wrists and feet.

Carefully, Rose lifted her up, Hana's long red hair sprawled all over Rose arms as she vanished.

'Don't worry Hana, I've got you...' Rose thought as she appeared outside the base, shooting into the trees as Hana's red hair flowed behind her.

Rose shot through the trees, heading towards the leaf village.

Tsunade completed paperwork as she looked out the window sadly.

She remembered the training she did with Hana, the fights they had, and how she talked about Gaara to no ends.

"I don't know, hag. He just, he just makes me feel all gushy inside, and warm...I...errr I don't know!!!"

Rose stood in the darkness of the forest as she looked at the large village walls of the Leaf.

"I'm back, Hatake..." Rose whispered as she vanished.

Rose landed roughly in the corner of the hokages office, Tsunade springing up as anbu fell from the ceiling.

"Who-" Tsunade stared at the scene.

Rose carried a beat up and weak looking Hana, Rose covered in bruises as well.

Itachi stood in Rose's room, watching her pack as he sighed.

"I knew you'd leave with Hana." He said as Rose nodded.

"I'm sorry, Ita. I'll see you another time, alright?" Rose said as she took off her akatsuki cloak, laying it on the bed as Itachi nodded.

"But first, it needs to look like you escaped, right?" Itachi asked as he cracked his knuckles, Rose sweat dropping.

"You've been waiting for this moment ever since you were little, huh?" Rose questioned as Itachi smirked, Rose preparing as Itachi went in for a punch.

Tsunade gasped as she moved past the anbu, grabbing Hana quickly as she placed her on the couch.

"Rose...What happened?" Tsunade question in shock as she started to heal Hana.

"I saved her. That's all. I know I'm a rogue now, but...I want to return to the leaf. I had...no idea she was still alive." Rose said as the anbu surrounded her still.

"I understand. You'll have to spend a few nights in a hold, but, I'm glad your back. I'm glad the both of you are safe." Tsunade said as Rose nodded, the anbu taking her into custody as Tsunade continued to heal Hana.

Hana groaned tiredly as she opened her eyes, Tsunade smiling at her.

"Welcome back, kid." Tsunade said as Hana sat up slowly, looking around.

"What...what happened?" Hana questioned as she rubbed her eyes tiredly.

"Don't worry about that. Get some rest. Naruto and the others will return tomorrow. Gaara is okay." Tsunade said as Hana smiled, nodding as she laid back down on the couch.

Naruto knocked on the door of the Hokage's office, Tsunade actually opening the door with a smile.

"Listen to me very carefully. Do not yell. Do not touch her. Be quiet. Understand? And don't have a heart attack." Tsunade said with a smile as she opened the door fully, Hana sitting up on the couch as she stared at the table blankly.

"Hana..." Naruto said in disbelief as he ran over to her, Hana looking up at him as she smiled.

"Hi Naruto..." Hana said tiredly as Sakura's face lit up.

"You're okay!" Sakura yelled with a smile as Hana nodded, Kakashi staring with wide eyes.

"How...?" Kakashi questioned as Tsunade set a hand on his shoulder.

"There's someone else here for you." Tsunade says as she snapped her fingers, anbu appearing with a woman.

Rose looked up at Kakashi, a regretful look on her face as Kakashi stared in surprise.

"Rose..." Kakashi mumbled as Rose nodded.

"I'm sor-" Kakashi cut her off as he pulled her into a tight hug, tears welling up in his eye as he grabbed her tightly.

"I missed you..." Kakashi said as Rose hugged him back, nodding into his shoulder as Hana gagged.

"Gross." Hana said as Naruto and Sakura laughed, Hana's eyes widening as she turned bright red.

"Hana? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Naruto asked as Sakura looked at her in confusion.

"I...ohhh...no..." Hana said in embarrassment as she hid her face, Sakura and Naruto exchanging confused looks.

"What's wrong Hana?" Tsunade questioned as Hana's eyes well up.

"I kissed Gaara! I used the breath of life jutsu! He told me he loved me! I don't know why I'm red! Gah!!" Hana said in confusion as she hid her face, Naruto's eyes widening as Tsunade and Sakura burst out laughing.

"Hana's in love!" Sakura said as Naruto also started laughing.

"I can't believe you fell for Gaara!" Naruto said as Hana smiled under her hands.

"Can I see him soon?" Hana asked as Tsunade nodded.

"Only if you take anbu." Tsunade said as Hana nodded.

"Thanks, you guys..."