Chapter 40: Infultration Successful

Rose groaned as she sat up, chains wrapped around her wrists and feet as she looked around in confusion.

"You are finally awake." Pain said as Rose raised an eyebrow.

"What-" Rose started as Pain cut her off.

"You are still a boy. Your jutsu has not worn off yet." Pain said as Rose's eyes widened, examining herself as she gasped.

"Dammit! No no! I can't be a boy! And why am I chained up, leader?" Rose questioned as Konan entered the cell like room.

"The plan is finally in motion, I see." Konan said monotonously as Rose growled.

"You, Rose Uchiha, are the final piece in our plan." Pain said as Rose narrowed her eyes.

"What plan?" Rose questioned as Pain walked up to her, examining her face as she gritted her teeth.

"You will help us retrieve the twelve tails." Pain said as Rose growled.

"Like hell I will. I thought you didn't need the twelve tails anymore." Rose said with narrowed eyes as Konan smirked slightly.

"Either you help us retrieve the twelve tails and nine tails, or I will take your eyes, and end the life of Itachi Uchiha. As well as your team's." Pain said as Rose's eyes widened, glaring at Pain as she tried to form into the shadows, but it didn't work.

"You cannot use you chakra while in those chains. Now, either you help us, or I end everyone you love, along with yourself." Pain said as Rose's eyes widened in defeat, looking down as she bit her lip.

"You used me to get to Hanabusa and Naruto. I should have known. The 'great Uchiha prodigy' isn't as great as everyone thinks. I'm a fool. A complete and utter fool. I guess- I guess I truly wasn't destined to be happy." Rose said as Pain grabbed her chin, roughly lifting her head up as he held a large rod to her eye.

"Yes, or no. I either take your eyes and kill everyone you love, or, you live and help us retrieve the jinchuriki. Choose. Now." Pain said coldly as Rose gritted her teeth, before taking a deep breath.

"I...I'll help you..." Rose said with a voice full of regret, as Pain released her, walking away.

"Good. You will control the jinchuriki as we attack the leaf. You made the correct choice, Mako." Pain said as Rose looked down, falling off the bed to her knees as she gritted her teeth.

"I just want to be happy..." Rose mumbled as she gritted her teeth tightly.

-flashback-

"A nephew? Well congratulations!" Jiraya said happily to Minato and Kushina, who smiled happily.

"He's wonderful. Though..." Minato trailed off as Kushina nodded sadly.

"What is it?" Jiraya questioned as Kushina growled lowly.

"That Mina Jimi. She- she turned her own son into a jinchuriki." Kushina said sadly as Minato sighed.

"Kanto won't stand up to her either. I've seen how he acts around her, he's genuinely scared of her." Minato said with a sad look as Jiraya shook his head.

"Kanto was so strong, I hate to see this happen to him." Jiraya said as he shook his head.

"I just wish my brother would stand up for himself for once. I can't even imagine if they ever have another child..." Kushina trailed off Jiraya rubbed his chin in thought.

"Yeah..."

-back in the present-

Jiraya pulled himself out of a frog, grabbing a marked kunai as he kneeled on the water.