a little out of path

IT WAS BOUND
to happen that Cho and Cedric would start talking more often. Wendy would see them chatting in the Great Hall and around the castle when they had time. Always respecting Umbridge's rules of distance.

"Are you okay?" Harry asked Wendy one day when they were studying in the library. Well, she was studying, he was just there to keep the girl company.

Wendy looked up and followed the boy's gaze. Expectedly, they fell on Cedric and Cho reading an Herbology book together. Not the kind that couples do to hide from teachers, but they were actually reading a herbology book together.

"Are you okay?" She asked in return, "I know you feelingsfor her."

The boy sighed, "She liked someone else, that's alright."

Wendy could imagine how he was feeling, but with time, he will realise that it might have been for the best.

"I'm fine too," she finally answered him, "I knew Cedric wasn't the one for me, but it still hurt when he left."

They understood each other. Harry felt at home with her, like he was just another boy with love problems and she was just a simple girl to talk to. Quite similar to how he felt around Luna Lovegoood. Both of them treated him like a normal boy, and not the one who lived, nor the one that would save them all. Just a simple and quiet boy with glasses.

The best part was, it was unspoken. They didn't need any communication to understand each other. They co-existed in the best and most simple way.

"Oh," he took out a piece of paper from his pocket, "Padfoot sent me this by mistake, it was with his letter for me."

The girl opened her letter excited. She was quite sad to not receive it from Noir, but she was happy to receive anything nonetheless.

Dear Darling,

Soon enough I will be able to write you more often. There are a few things we must do first, but all in time.

I hope you're keeping yourself healthy. I've heard you got detention, and as happy as I am to know you're having some good time, you must be careful. Umbridge isn't the right woman to test.

It was probably her thousandth time to hear those words, and the first thousand were from Michael. But somehow they were heavier from Sirius. If he took the chances to write a whole letter for her to make sure she was safe, then she knew that she should take care of herself more.

It was once anyways, it's not like she was going to search for more. She look at her hand, a band covering her wounds. Mostly to hide it rather than helping her heal. 

"Does it hurt?" Harry asked seeing her eye her hand.

"It's nothing," she wave it off. "What about yours?"

The both look at his hand, 'I must not tell lies' engraved like a marble on his skin.

"It's nothi--" he was interrupted by a wave of a headache. Flashes and distorted images passed before his eyes.

Wendy, alarmed, shook the boy's arm, "Harry? What's wrong?"

The boy brought his hands to his head, hammering it as to push away the visions, "I-- It's--"

Wendy looked around trying to find someone that could help. But everyone seemed too busy doing their own thing, and she wasn't close with anyone enough to disturb them. Cedric was on the other side of the library and she couldn't possibly imagine to interrupt the two of them.