45 | Down To Earth

Song: I Will Protect You - Fruits Basket (OST)

A/N: Some older characters are returning in this chapter! Happy reunion! :D

PS: The song makes me cry so much... it's one of my favourite tunes

--------------------------

"Hinaaaa!"

Rushing through the threshold of Ki-chan's house, Ren threw herself at her school friend, feeling extremely happy to see her. Over the years, Hina and Akira remained to be good friends with her, despite choosing distinctly different career paths.

Akira was about to finish his studies in dentistry, currently planning to establish himself in Kyoto. Hina was a rising star on the runway of Tokyo Fashion Week every season, slowly becoming a favourite among avant-garde designers and brands.

From the corner of her eyes, she saw Osamu walk behind Hina up to them, and wrapped her in one of his warm embraces for a while before shuffling back to Hina and settling in a side hug with her.

Yes...

Yes, they were an item. And have been since their third year in Inarizaki, in fact. While Hina mostly stayed in Tokyo, Osamu was trying to open a branch of Miya Onigiri in Tokyo so they would be closer. But till now, the couple mostly worked things out in their long distance relationship.

Why couldn't that happen for us...

At that versy, someone hugged her from behind, and looking at the camera phone screen that suddenly entered her vision, she could see it was Suna. She flashed warm smile and chuckled at her raven-haired best friend, as he continued to shoot them LIVE for his followers on YouTube.

"She isn't my girl-friend guys, but she sure is special to me," he said, before flipping the shooting mode, and capturing Osamu and Hina and introducing them to his LIVE viewers.

Always the influencer.

Apart from being a crazy good volleyball player, he was also an influential YouTuber now. He created hilarious videos on the platform, be it pranks or even real-life "you won't believe this just happened" moments, and now, he had become quite the sensation in the digital influencer world. The number of sponsorships he would get on a weekly basis from various tech/fashion brands and companies, was insane.

Atsumu and Aran led the way for the gang, and they all walked into Ki-chan's house, only to find him calming stirring a pot in the kitchen, the smell of grandma's classic curry wafting in the air.

Ren padded over to him, and wrapped her hands  around his arm, smushing her face into his biceps, causing him to stop stirring the pot.

"Welcome back Renny. I hope you're not overworking yourself," he said, his tone quiet, but the accusation sounded knowing and seemed loud enough for her.